WiFi Problem Aldi Tablet

Mangydingo

Sep 17, 2012
Re:
How to Start with your Android Tablet

Am just returning to forums after a decade or so, but this Aldi Tablet, which I bought about a week ago, remained unboxed for most of the time.
It's the way to go, but old dogs like myself lack the quickness of mind to get started. Terms like rooting (root kit) is encouraging.
Anyway I'm currently in a quiet little town called Orange NSW Australia. Time to grab the Aldi User manual.
Pge 27 BAUHN SETTINGS was pretty clear, pressed "WiFi", then "SCAN", result nothing found, so I pressed "ADD NETWORK".
Immediately a keyboard and prompt appeared with "Network SSID". At this point I shut the Tablet down, hopped on my bike, and rode the 2km to town center.
My first visit was to Telstra (my current G3 wireless service provider). The entire staff were waiting outside the store, cos someone had lost the key, and the locksmith was predicting a 4 hour wait. The young head techo could not avoid my questions and my waving Aldi Tablet, ie the competition.
Every Tablet on the market was available inside the store, but no Aldi. Thanks to the generality of the Tablets, I believed he could still help me.
Of course I was expecting to install the missing Network, by simply sticking a USB stick into the mini usb (applied reduction cable at hand).
He said it can't be done, because the mini usb is for the output and the same the mini SD card. It sounded so ridiculous! output only?
I then took it to the nearby Dick Smith store and they told me the same thing. Two different stores and the same answer!? how do I get the Network installed?.
I think I'm a victim of computer old age. Hmm, am certain they were not pulling my mangy leg.
Perhaps the Aldi User Manual is not expecting someone as old as myself to be using a tablet.
Hmm? can anybody tell me how I install the Network?

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Mangydingo, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. In order to set up a network connection on your tablet, you first have to have wireless service. You need to contact an Internet Service Provider (ISP) and arrange for a connection to be established at your home. Then, when your WiFi router is set up, a name for your network (SSID) and a password (Pwd) would be assigned. To "install" the network on your tablet you would provide the SSID and Pwd when requested during the setup on the tablet.