Wifi problem

Discussion in 'Sylvania Tablets' started by epeereboom, Apr 28, 2011.

1. epeereboom

epeereboom Member

Tablet / Device:
    Sylvania synet7lp, Reborn lg optimus s
    Having a problem with my wifi. When i boot up, the wifi connects no problem. The problem occurs when i disconnect the wifi and then try to reconnect. I'm told my network is out of range.

I'm going to keep scouring the internet and see if i can find a solution. Just wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts or suggestions.

Sent from my p7901a using Tapatalk

2. cfrockit

cfrockit Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Sylvania SYNET7LP
    Did you apply these tweaks from http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...resources-synet7lp-sytabex7-disgo-6000-a.html?

Resources for the SYNET7LP/SYTABEX7/Disgo 6000

WiFi
    Updated WiFi driver -
    The tablet has a Ralink Tech Inc. RT2870 Chipset Based USB Wireless Adapter. It's the Wi-Fi Networking 802.11x device built in to the hardware. Just like a Wi-Fi adapter in a computer it uses a driver which can be updated by replacing the binary file possibly providing better performance.

The Linux RT2870 driver is /etc/firmware/rt2870.bin and the Configuration File is /etc/Wireless/RT2870STA/RT2870STA.dat

To replace the existing driver "rt2870.bin" download the latest version of the firmware for rt2870 on Ralink Web site - RT2870_Firmware_V22.

Copy/paste the rt2870.bin firmware using RootExplorer and reboot or through adb commands

Code:
    C:\>adb push rt2870.bin /system/etc/firmware
    C:\>adb reboot 
    Once device is back on go to Wi-Fi setting > Wi-Fi and uncheck then re-check and scanning returned.

RT2870 Wireless Lan Linux Driver ReadMe document

Auto-connect/Power saving WiFi
    User's have reported that WiFi autoconnect started working when configuration file "/etc/Wireless/RT2870STA/RT2870STA.dat" was modified.

Using 'RootExplorer' select the file with a long press that will open a menu, choose 'Open in text editor' and change the "TxPower" value from 100 to 20.

Code:
    TxPower=20 
    Credit to the contributors sited

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  3. epeereboom

epeereboom Member

Tablet / Device:
    Sylvania synet7lp, Reborn lg optimus s
    Yup. I tried both of those with no luck.

Update: I think I have everything sorted out. Did a hard reset of my router and everything seems ok now. Time will tell.

Sent from my p7901a using Tapatalk

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  4. BiggDadd73

BiggDadd73 Member

Tablet / Device:
    BiggDadd73
    After attempting to edit and update my WIFI (rt2870.dat and rt2870.bin, with no luck) I decided to copy both to my sdcard, update them both and then copy and paste back over the original files ( I have both Universal Androidroot and Root Explorer installed) so there shouldn't have been an issue with permissions, or so I thought). With that said I cannot copy and paste the updated files. Whenever I attempt to paste the newly created files nothing happens..no error or anything just doesn't not update. Now I do not have rt2870.bin or rt2870.dat installed and no longer connects to ANY network) I also deleted both of the original files. I am not able to do a factory reset...believe me I have tried...it just does not work. FYI: This is a month old purchase and came with Froyo 2.2. Please help because this tablet without WIFI is very limited....otherwise no real problems

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011