WiFi Problem

Corrina

Sep 5, 2012
Hi, I'm Corrina. I've just got my new tablet today - its an Android 4.0 8gb MOO9S Ice Cream Sandwich 7". The problem is I cannot connect to the internet via wifi. The wifi signal is there and my Android recognises it and can pick it up. I've input the security key and connected and it looks good to go. However, the Wifi simply doesn't seem to work and I am not able to access the internet at all.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Corrina, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, yours is a common problem and there isn't a universal cure for it. Different things seem to work for different people. Before trying anything else, try resetting your router. Just turn it off or unplug it for 30 seconds or so and then turn it back on. Quite often, that's all that's required. (You might have to delete the entry you've already created and start over.) If that doesn't work, try changing your security setting to WEP instead of WPA or WPA2. You could also try changing the channel number to a channel number less than 11. In case none of that works for you, I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!