Wifi Problems for rooted users please check this.

m3red

Oct 19, 2011
Wifi problems have been solved.

UPDATE - Please read before flashing roms!!!!!!

Please check the config file for your Wifi hardware to see if its the same. Im wondering if this is the source of the problem. If its not the source Please help me find the source so all of us can work out this problem. Or the problem is the file did not fully download correctly or install fully.

Install RootExplorer.apk then goto /system/etc/wireless/RT2870STA/RT2870STA.DAT - highlight and hold until a pop comes up and then check on text edit. All check the permissions and make sure that the following has a check by it. Owner, Group and Others - Read, Write, Execute

Download the APK file here - RootExplorer 2.16
Download this file onto your your SD card by using your computer and install it onto your tablet using your tablets APKinstaller app open the app then click on install then goto the location of the file then click then file and install it.

This is my config and my wifi is working with no problems. This is copy and pasted from my tablet.

#The word of "Default" must not be removed
CountryRegion=5
CountryRegionABand=7
CountryCode=
ChannelGeography=1
SSID=11n-AP
NetworkType=Infra
WirelessMode=9
Channel=0
BeaconPeriod=100
TxPower=100
BGProtection=0
TxPreamble=0
RTSThreshold=2347
FragThreshold=2346
TxBurst=1
PktAggregate=0
WmmCapable=1
AckPolicy=0;0;0;0
AuthMode=OPEN
EncrypType=NONE
WPAPSK=
DefaultKeyID=1
Key1Type=0
Key1Str=
Key2Type=0
Key2Str=
Key3Type=0
Key3Str=
Key4Type=0
Key4Str=
PSMode=CAM
AutoRoaming=0
RoamThreshold=70
APSDCapable=0
APSDAC=0;0;0;0
HT_RDG=1
HT_EXTCHA=0
HT_OpMode=1
HT_MpduDensity=4
HT_BW=1
HT_BADecline=0
HT_AutoBA=1
HT_BADecline=0
HT_AMSDU=0
HT_BAWinSize=64
HT_GI=1
HT_MCS=33
HT_MIMOPSMode=3
HT_DisallowTKIP=1
EthConvertMode=
EthCloneMac=
IEEE80211H=0
TGnWifiTest=0
WirelessEvent=0
MeshId=MESH
MeshAutoLink=1
MeshAuthMode=OPEN
MeshEncrypType=NONE
MeshWPAKEY=
MeshDefaultkey=1
MeshWEPKEY=
CarrierDetect=0
AntDiversity=0
BeaconLostTime=4
FtSupport=1
Wapiifname=ra0
WapiPsk=
WapiPskType=
WapiUserCertPath=
WapiAsCertPath=

$photo.JPG

Attachments

• $photo.JPG
    $photo.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 2,782
Last edited:

bgrch

Dec 27, 2011
Please check the config file for your Wifi hardware to see if its the same. Im wondering if this is the source of the problem. If its not the source Please help me find the source so all of us can work out this problem. Or the problem is the file did not fully download correctly or install fully.

Install RootExplorer.apk then goto /system/etc/wireless/RT2870STA/RT2870STA.DAT - highlight and hold until a pop comes up and then check on text edit. All check the permissions and make sure that the following has a check by it. Owner, Group and Others - Read, Write, Execute

Download the APK file here - RootExplorer 2.16
Download this file onto your your SD card by using your computer and install it onto your tablet using your tablets APKinstaller app open the app then click on install then goto the location of the file then click then file and install it.

This is my config and my wifi is working with no problems. This is copy and pasted from my tablet.

#The word of "Default" must not be removed
CountryRegion=5
CountryRegionABand=7
CountryCode=
ChannelGeography=1
SSID=11n-AP
NetworkType=Infra
WirelessMode=9
Channel=0
BeaconPeriod=100
TxPower=100
BGProtection=0
TxPreamble=0
RTSThreshold=2347
FragThreshold=2346
TxBurst=1
PktAggregate=0
WmmCapable=1
AckPolicy=0;0;0;0
AuthMode=OPEN
EncrypType=NONE
WPAPSK=
DefaultKeyID=1
Key1Type=0
Key1Str=
Key2Type=0
Key2Str=
Key3Type=0
Key3Str=
Key4Type=0
Key4Str=
PSMode=CAM
AutoRoaming=0
RoamThreshold=70
APSDCapable=0
APSDAC=0;0;0;0
HT_RDG=1
HT_EXTCHA=0
HT_OpMode=1
HT_MpduDensity=4
HT_BW=1
HT_BADecline=0
HT_AutoBA=1
HT_BADecline=0
HT_AMSDU=0
HT_BAWinSize=64
HT_GI=1
HT_MCS=33
HT_MIMOPSMode=3
HT_DisallowTKIP=1
EthConvertMode=
EthCloneMac=
IEEE80211H=0
TGnWifiTest=0
WirelessEvent=0
MeshId=MESH
MeshAutoLink=1
MeshAuthMode=OPEN
MeshEncrypType=NONE
MeshWPAKEY=
MeshDefaultkey=1
MeshWEPKEY=
CarrierDetect=0
AntDiversity=0
BeaconLostTime=4
FtSupport=1
Wapiifname=ra0
WapiPsk=
WapiPskType=
WapiUserCertPath=
WapiAsCertPath=

View attachment 5065
well mine does not work and i have the same stats as yours.

m3red

Oct 19, 2011
please post a picture of the Wifi setting page. Also try turning the wifi off then back on and you may reboot your tablet each time you change the setting. Let see if we cant fix this. :)

nawafpower

Nov 30, 2011
Hi M3red, The problem that you don't have the option or the ability to switch the wifi on/off. so by saying turn off then on and reboot, the only available status is wifi error for us.. We all appreciate the willingness from anyone to fix this issue, because it's really becoming a common problem. My wireless file is exactly same like yours. have you checked the wifi folder and the file under that? could it be changed to something useful?

Last edited:

Echoes

Dec 16, 2011
The error message people are getting is particularly useless in terms of diagnosing the problem. If one installs a terminal emulator, is there a way to toggle the wifi from the command line to get something a little more useful?

lucas_sylvie

Dec 27, 2011
Hi,

I'm new at this. I have looked at other source and tried the following command in the Terminal

$svc wifi enable
[1] killed svc wifi enable.

Then tried

$ifconfig tiwlan0
tiwlan0: no such device

Last edited:

vdubbus77

Nov 29, 2011
Hi,

I'm new at this. I have looked at other source and tried the following command in the Terminal

$svc wifi enable
[1] killed svc wifi enable.

Then tried

$ifconfig tiwlan0
tiwlan0: no such device

try $ifconfig wlan0

also try

$su

#ifconfig wlan0

iwconfig wlan0

Last edited:

m3red

Oct 19, 2011
Theres a stock wifi app that you can open and close the wifi. Has anyone tried that?

lucas_sylvie

Dec 27, 2011
Theres a stock wifi app that you can open and close the wifi. Has anyone tried that?

Hi m3red,

I'm not able to select open or close using the wifi app it's all greyed out.
I have taken a picture of the Wireless & Network settings as well as the wifi app.
$2011-12-28_13-09-26_556.jpg$2011-12-28_13-09-42_935.jpg

I think that Regena have a valid point on the following post. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-market-clean-rom-img-file-10.html#post166810
Just wanted to let you know that if you have a craig738b with 2.2.1 that z4root will root the tablet.I tried it and it works. This way you can install an uninstaller or tittanium backup and remove that little darn security guy that wouldn't let anyone install the market in the first place.
I don't know who made the roms on original post but the reason wifi is not working is more then likely the wifi module is mismatched with the kernel.

I hope this helps

Thanks