Wifi Problems for rooted users please check this.

m3red

Oct 19, 2011
Its possible. Ill reopen mine tomorrow and write the numbers off of it and post another pic of the chip.

vdubbus77

Nov 29, 2011
I opened mine and the wireless chip set is
Realtek
RTL8188CUS

How can I change the Drivers for this chip?

Thanks
Congratulations you found the problem! Now for a solution? Hard way= compile new wifi module. Easy way= someone dumps a Rom from a Tablet that has that wifi. Unless of course there is a wlan0.ko module for that chipset with the same kernel somewhere on the internet then I will put it into the rom.

Last edited:

m3red

Oct 19, 2011
Lol my wife said that earlier today it might have different hardware. I guess ill have to her she right. Damn. :( so i guess its time to hunt down some drivers and if it needs some system editting.

vdubbus77

Nov 29, 2011
Your way ahead of me then. :) Your a great and fast programer.

Well thanks but I'm not really. Alot of other people have put alot of work into these Roms and I find it easier to adapt them to our hardware than start from scratch.

lucas_sylvie

Dec 27, 2011
realrom.zip Ok real quick and real dirty, may brick your tablet. Wifi "Error" tablets ONLY. This Rom makes my Ralink wifi tablet error.

Hi Vdubbus,

I installed the new Image.
I still get error on Wifi but this time when I tried to turn it on it come back with error after une seconde.

I found error in the dmesg command

[5] wlan: version magic '2.6.34 mod_unload modversions ARMv7 ' should be '2.6.25 mod_unload ARMv5 '

View attachment $dmesg_4.txt

How to fix it?

Thanks

vdubbus77

Nov 29, 2011
Ok in order for me to fix this I need a Froyo rom from a rk2818 based tablet with a Realtec Wifi device and running a 2.6.25 kernel with armv5. Or I need someone to Dump the Rom from their tablet before they root and lose wifi. Problem is Craig seems to be selling tablets with both wifi chipsets right next to each other under the same model name. One guy bought 2 1 worked 1 didn't. Unless we can figure out a way to tell the difference without having to open it up it is going to be hard to find.

salty

Jan 1, 2012
Hope this helps. $DSCF0979.jpg$DSCF0980.jpgFound Android driver here: Realtek