WiFi solution? Just a thought

Lykele

Mar 19, 2012
I come to this forum every day even though I have yet to purchase the Lepan II. I have to admit that the discussions about WiFi problems has me sitting on the fence. In my retirement years I would expect to sit on the easy chair in this room, about 20 feet away, and have a product perform as I would expect. And yet, there are many people who have no problems. And to be honest with you I can go to almost any tablet forum and see the same discussions.

Anyway, after seeing all the hoops that people have been going through, I thought I'd pass along a video I saw recently that cured the WiFi problem on the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime. No guarantee it will have any effect on the Lepan II, but the video is only 4 minutes long and their solution took only 10 seconds. Hey, what do have to lose?

It was done by mobiletechreview.com. I apoligize if this method has already be tried on the LePan II and I just didn't see it.

Just a thought

Lykele

Last edited by a moderator:

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
very interesting. Does LePan use pogo pins? I bet we find out by the end of the day. great post lykele!

by the way I have 2 lp2 tablets. They both work great. wi fi signal is very strong.

Last edited:

Lykele

Mar 19, 2012
Johna2u - I, too, hope this method has some merit as it relates to the LePan II. It would seem as though to pack everything into such a small space that the pogo pins are use by other manufacturers as well. Because you have great WiFi with your 2 - lp2 tablets and someone else can't even connect, it would seem to point to something about the "build" of each. I'd be happy if this 'squeeze' helped someone. Might even encourage me to get in the car and buy one!

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
I opened a case with Le Pan asking if pogo pins were used and if so where are they. I also provided a link to your post. I also posted a link at LePanLife.com

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
Yes there are pogo pins. They are along the top edge. just like the asus prime. Not sure of the exact location yet.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Nice find Lykele, pressing on the edge of your tablet appears to be more effective than beating your head against the wall.:cool: This thread is probably going to make a lot of people much happier with their tablets.

Lykele

Mar 19, 2012
I'm kinda anxious to hear feedback from some people that have been having WiFi problems to see if it helps any. Assuming, of course, we can establish where to put the 'squeeze' on for the LePan tablet. If it works I just might be joining the club and purchase the LePan II for myself!

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
Per adamvan2000 at lePanlife:
Those pins are actually between the screen rotation lock slider and the volume rocker. I have tried squeezing, but nothing noticeable. The place to squeeze is pretty much right beside the camera, so don't squeeze too hard.

Anybody that has sucky wi fi and wants to try it. Install Wi Fi Analyzer and open it while squeezing. If it is working the needle should move. Be careful though. Don't forget it is glass and you paid close to 300 bucks for the darn thing.

Last edited:

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
I'm kinda anxious to hear feedback from some people that have been having WiFi problems to see if it helps any. Assuming, of course, we can establish where to put the 'squeeze' on for the LePan tablet. If it works I just might be joining the club and purchase the LePan II for myself!

Lykele - I am going to be completely honest, you can do better than that.

Get an HP Touchpad. The wifi and other components are solid on it. You can enjoy it with webOS, and intalling CM9 Android 4 ICS on it is a breeze.

Mine is set to dual boot, so I have both webOS and CM9. I can point you to a good install guide for CM9.

Amazon.com has some used 16 GB TPs for about $200. Probably little to no warranty, you can find new in the box units for about $299 on eBay (32 GB model, with Touchstone charger included.)

Last edited:

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
I saw a 16 gig touchpad with touchstone charger on craigslist last night for 150.00. I really wanted to buy it but just don't have the dough right now.

Last edited:

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
I saw a 16 gig touchpad with touchstone charger on craigslist last night for 150.00. I really wanted to buy it but just don't have the dough right now.
You could get more than that for your LPII, given the current shortage, John. :)

Would make sense, and you would enjoy the TP. That's a great price for it too.