Wifi turning off

K9CHP

Aug 3, 2011
That was meant to be access to one...
It did not help me though... Still having the problem, only on the a500, not the ipod touch, cell phone (on wifi), or laptop, so I don't think the problem is with the router.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

K9CHP

Aug 3, 2011
My solution was to get a wifi repeater as my router is in a bad location and it I'd not as effective as I need it but I can't move it (to many wires attached to it).

StoneKy

Jul 30, 2011
My solution was to get a wifi repeater as my router is in a bad location and it I'd not as effective as I need it but I can't move it (to many wires attached to it).

Mind sharing a link to the one you bought?

Kiwikiwi

Aug 13, 2011
I've contacted Acer support.
The patch only addresses the DHCP issue, so won't help for the WIFI disconnections when the signal is weak (1 or 2 bars).

StoneKy, I have also extended my WIFI coverage by adding a second router using WDS. It "solves" the problem but it's not good enough to have a device that can only connect to a WIFI network when you are just a few meters away from the router.
I have 2 identical routers on this setup: TL-WR1043ND - Welcome to TP-LINK

K9CHP

Aug 3, 2011
Over 70 feet in radius from the repeater, in all directions. At one point, I was over 100 feet from the repeater. The signal was feeble at that distance, but no disconnection!
Now this depends on lots of factors, like height (mine is on the ground floor on top of a cabinet, most of the property is at the same height or below it, quite a bit), number of walls it has to go through, their composition and factors like interference among others. No promise it will perform the same way elsewhere.

chomlee

Aug 28, 2011
I was having the same problem. it recently started losing signal every 30 seconds. I have had my A500 now for 2 weeks and havent had this problem before. I rebooted the device and it seemed to go away. if you havent done so, you might want to try that.

K9CHP

Aug 3, 2011
I used to go around with a paperclip in my wallet. Haven't used it since I got that repeater... Rebooting/soft reset did help some but not for long enough.

chomlee

Aug 28, 2011
OK I think I found another possible cause. I have been having battery drain issues. I turned the wifi disconnection policy to turn off when the screen is off. It turns out that my battery drain is from Widgets I have in the forground that constantly ping for updates even when the tabet is on idle. Anyhow, after I changed the disconnection policy to always be on, I haven't had a problem since.