wifi wont connect with security option enabled on router for Coby7125

mtdaves

Dec 28, 2011
I bought two tablets for the kids for Christmas, both Coby 7125. I have got one of them connected with the security options enabled, but the other one just wont connect. I disabled the security(open network) and the sticky tablet connected instantly. Tech support for Coby said I would have to return it. I do not want to have to ship it back. It seems like this is a issue inside the tablet. I know somebody out there knows how to get in there and fix this. Please help. Thank you in advance for your time!

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
There's a thread about a similar issue with 8125 that may work for you as well...

Offtopic: the more I read about Telechips based Kyros the more I hope the new ICS models will use a Samsung or Tegra processor...

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I can't now as tapatalk custom app don't allow copying links, but search for "8125 wifi" and you should be able to find it.

mtdaves

Dec 28, 2011
I found the link and tried to download the KeepWifi app. I took all the security and ran an open network for a few minutes, the tablet gets a strong signal. the app would not download, kept saying download unsuccessful. Then the market would freeze up. If there is no other options out there, I think I'm going to return it for another one. The first one works great. Thanks for the help.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Freezing isn't normal, I think it is best to return it indeed...