Will honeycomb tablets upgradable to ice cream?

DarrylB

Aug 31, 2011
Hey Walkop I haven't actually purchased the dock but was debating whether or not to. Thanks for those references by the way!

FoFoJoe, what do you mean exactly by "last Tablet-only OS"? What exactly was this article implying?

Walkop

Apr 18, 2011
Yes, I'm curious to this as well. Are you talking about Tablet-only Android OS's or Tablet-only OSs in general?

Ice Cream Sandwich is supposed to basically take the place of Tablet and Phone Android OSs, so Honeycomb being the last tablet OS for Android makes sense.

Hey Walkop I haven't actually purchased the dock but was debating whether or not to. Thanks for those references by the way!
Darryl; you're very welcome! ;)
The dock is a great accessory - I'm actually using it right this second to type this message. Online typing is a bit laggy (a second or two delay) but it's endurable. The Android Tablet Forum app works good for that ;) The extra battery life is great, and the ports are too.

But I do wonder what the next edition will have in store....

By the way, I doubt you'll be unhappy or regret your purchase - it is a solid tablet and works really well. The price is right, too; it may not be the thinnest or lightest out there, but it is the most flexible that's for sure! I use it all the time (such as right now).

If you find yourself doing a lot of typing, you could use the ports, and the extra battery life is appealing, then the dock is worth it. I know Amazon is apparently selling it for $30 or so off regular prices, too. But the next-gen dock might work even better...hmm. Depends on if it works with the first-gen.

As for carrying cases, Targus makes a great 10.1" netbook bag that works great. Not sure of the exact model number, but it has two seperated sleeves, slots for pens (or, stylus's), a velcro pocket, and a mesh pocket. It's quite compact, too, and has a shoulder strap. Best bag I've seen that works for the TF. ;)

Also, if you decide to sell your TF, they DO sell pretty well online and other spots. I saw one on Kijiji for...around $30 off the sale price? It was used. It had over 300+ views. Mighta been around 500. It's popular, that's for sure ;)

Last edited:

Walkop

Apr 18, 2011
Ah, I see. So there was never any real absolute confirmation that Honeycomb would be the last OS specifically for tablets. We knew that ICS would unify the devices, but not that the OSs would never revert to being seperate platforms.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

FoFoJoe

Jun 8, 2011
But I think one the joint OS is made, it'll stay that way. Changing back after ICS would require designing a whole new OS to be at par with the competition.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum