Will i lose out if i don't listen to the buzz?

PFCBroid

Oct 17, 2011
I am shopping for a tablet. I'm tired of using my phone for everything and having the thing die after 4 or 5 hours; always worrying about charging it. And as much as I love my Droid Incredible 2 and what it offers, you get tired of a 7 inch screen after 3 or 4 hours of web surfing and socializing. So to my question. I am sure I have decided that I want the Asus Eee pad Transformer, ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Eee- ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101 likely the higher end model with the dock, 32gigs, etc.But I just saw "Asus Eee pad Transformer 2" pop up in the search box on Google! Taken aback because I had finally almost perhaps possibly made my choice, I clicked this and saw that there is a rumored quintupled core, 3d shooting, Ice Cream Sandwich beast coming November 7th.Can anyone confirm this for me? Because as fast as they're popping out tablets and Droid phones these days, I need a brand spankin new one to get atleast 6 months of the "ooo, ahh" factor. And the first transformer has already been out since April. Now I'm not so sure about what I want, again.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Well it is like all technology. If you wait for the next great thing you will always be waiting. I can tell you this much from personal experience. In the past 3 months I have been testing various new tablets from Verizon including the Xoom and the Galaxy 10.1, and I have now finished and they are all being sent back. This leaves me back to using my Viewsonic g-Tablet, which I bought last year right when it came out, and I am very happy to do so. Is it as slick as the newest ones, no. But it is pretty darn good!

Moral of the story? Buy top of the line for right now, and ride it out for the next 24 months. You should be just fine.

PFCBroid

Oct 17, 2011
Alright, alright, so it's safe to say, "**** it, I'm getting this one". But if the transformer 2 is really supposed to be out in 3 weeks, I think I can hold out. I would just like to know if there is any truth to this rumored little powerhouse coming out.2nd question: about how long does it take for the tech community to find a root for a device? I am about to root my dinc 2, but I haven't really thought about doing this to a tablet. If it will take 6 months to find a root, then I may just go with the first transformer.