will ICS have 3g capabilities and phone

flash515

Oct 19, 2011
I want a 7" tablet with 3g and phone capabilities does anybody know if ICS will have 3g and phone capabilities.

ObsidianBlk

May 13, 2011
I mean no offense but that's kinda like asking if a car is going to have a steering wheel and radio. Is it still a car? Yup, but nobody would buy it. Same for ICS with 3g and "phone". ICS will also support 4g, wifi and Bluetooth too.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I think what people are trying to say is data capabilities aren't part of the OS they are a function of the hardware. As long as the device has a cellular radio chip all versions of Android will allow the connection through that radio chip (2G, 3G or 4G) just like having a wifi chip and wifi connection.

rcjames

Oct 31, 2011
Of course 3g will be still available. Many area is still on 3g. Even some small part are 2g and now there is 4g but not a lot of places. Here Fresno Ca there is only one pole of 4g for sprint. Fresno ca is huge city. 4g is not close to me so there is no 4g in my area. So common sense why they will still support 3g? Because 4g is not wide spread through cities and towns not yet. We are still in 2011.