will not boot into recovery

andrew73a

Jun 14, 2011
I just bought a g tablet and was doing a lot of reading about rooting and mods so I can access android market. I tried a couple root programs with a couple mods with no luck. I then was going to try to restore it to factory settings but when I tried to go back to the recovery screen it wont go. I push volume up and power and it brings up the text like it is going to the recovery screen but it never goes. I can push power to restart and it will boot like normal. But it will never let me go into the menu.

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Sounds like CWM is gone. Try to reinstall CWM.

Also I don't know what other programs you've used but stick with the stickies here.

andrew73a

Jun 14, 2011
I got to step 4 and it just sits on the three birds screen and wont actually go into the menu.

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
Sometimes you may have to press and hold the power + volume up for a bit until the recovery message appears at the top left then let go.

Dave

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
it sounds like you may actually have the update.zip file out there still...

try doing it with the microsd card removed, just in case that has the update still

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
HMMMMMM... are you sure you're trying the correct version of Clockwork?... are you trying the microSD method or the internal memory method? if you're trying to use as actuall physical SD card you need to use the one labled (microSD) i know it sounds like a no brainer but i've helped a couple people that were trying to use the one for (internal)... the way Fuganater says it in the direction kinda makes it seem as if you can use either file... and... also... when you extract that zip you just downloaded.. you're gonna have to folders.. one called "recovery" and the other called "update". the update file will still be zipped.. it's supposed to be... i've encountered that a couple times where people unzip it all the way... sorry if this is sounding kindergarden teacher-ish..

andrew73a

Jun 14, 2011
No you're fine.... I do have the two files and just to be on the safe side I tried both versions. And I've gotten the same result.

Last edited:

andrew73a

Jun 14, 2011
are you up for doing a full NVFlash?

I am down for anything.... All I really wanted was full access to the android market. And I've messed with Linux before but this is more than I've ever done. So, I've been a little slow with it.

andrew73a

Jun 14, 2011
Followed that link to another link [STICKY][ROM] nvflash FULL restore, using bekit's original image (Instructions) - xda-developers that tells you how to set up NVFlash... Got through all the steps up until ..... Again, for Windows: Run this script which is in the "NVFlash" folder:

nvflash_gtablet.bat

After I click that, CMD says

"NVFlash started

nvflash configuration file error: file not found

press enter to continue:

I hit enter and cmd goes away and nothing else happens.