Will the Sony Tablet S link to the PS3

SraL3000

Mar 11, 2012
When I purchase my Sony Tablet S I was told that it was able to link up to the Sony PS3 which it doesnt just the controller. I was wondering will there be a patch coming to where you can link the Sony Tablet to the PS3 and use it as a controller just like how the Wii U is having a screen used for their upcoming system. If you have a Sony Tablet I think we all should push for Sony to add a feature like this on the Tablet..

Last edited:

Cyberjam

Mar 14, 2012
It appears that the PS3 controller can be linked to the tablet (use the USB cable to initiate first connection) and the PS3 can access content on the tablet but the tablet can't access the PS3 in any way. I personally think it's a big issue because I have a home full of Sony equipment and I can remote control all but the PS3 from my new Tablet S. Come to the party Sony and add the PS3 as a registered device in the remote control function.

BobdaBiscuit

Apr 17, 2012
Really sony...my remote control for my BRAVIA tv can control my TV AND my PS3 and nothing else in the world. But the tablet s you advertise as controlling anything with a sensor and yes it is true it does work with many many different brands and types of electronics but it cant even control your own product. Step it up.

mr_nismo

Oct 31, 2011
I really want this on my tablet, I can't beleive the 5 year old PSP can remote connect to the PS3 and my brand new tablet cannot. I think this is cr@p, it says its playstation certified, which is think is the most rubbish thing since the heart foundation tick. They mean nothing.
I was hoping to use PlayTV through the PS3 then remote play to my tablet like my PSP can. I was thinking of hotspot wifi from myiphone to the tablet and stream tv to my tablet whilst at work ... hahahaha

I asked at Sony support and this was the reply;
Dear Paul,
My name is Hayden. Thank you for your enquiry and for your patience whilst awaiting a response. I have read your email and understand that you are wanting to know if the tablet will have interaction with the PS3 or remote play abilitys in the future.
I have researched into your enquiry, and found that unfortunately this is not a feature of the tablet at this time. I am unable to confirm if future firmware updates will offer this ability.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
There is a reason Sony is no longer the leading consumer electronics company. There was an article about Sony in Business Week a couple of months back that is quite interesting and worth looking up. Since then the CEO that was interviewed (Howard Stringer) has been let go and things are dicey at Sony with 10,000 layoffs and piling losses.

Found it What Is Sony Now? - Businessweek

droidfellow

Apr 13, 2012
This is one of the reasons I got this tablet, at the moment it is my only disappointment. On the bright side, Sony just announced the availability of the SDK to create games/content for PlayStation Certified phones, and tablets so hopefully we will see cool stuff on our tablets, and don't forget that ICS update is "coming soon" just maybe we will get the ability to have tablet S interact with our PS3, keep your fingers crossed.

As far as Sony's fall from the top, with the reshuffling they are doing now, and the appointment of Kaz and the new "focus" to unify all of Sony's properties, I think we will see good things coming...E3 will be very telling in June.

Last edited: