Will there ever be a CM9 port for the Le Pan 1 ??

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
kindlefireandgdj.jpg

A reply I just sent, via PM response, thought other people would like to know :

----------------------------------------------------------

giorgiediberidze said:
hello yann, please tell me will there cm9 full version? or is there any android app which will change lepan 1 to ICS? please tell me....

I don't know - we need the kernel source code, to be able to make a CM9 or ICS version.

Le Pan doesn't want to release it. The best chance is if Jerry Stake at XDA Developers manages to complete his current project. He's building a kernel from scratch.

Will announce any new on the forum if available. :)

----------------------------------------------------------

Keep your fingers crossed. ;)

The image at the top of this post is of an Amazon Kindle Fire running a Beta of CM9.

The Barnes and Noble Nook Color, which has very similar specs to the LP1 is already in Beta for a CM9 release as well.

Nook Color Specs :

nookcolorspecs.png

^--- so we even have a bit of an advantage on the processor speed (1 GHz for LP1, 800 MHz Nook)

And here's a video of the Kindle Fire running CM9 Beta :

Last edited by a moderator:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I can confirm CM9 runs fine on the Nook Color. Been running it for months now. The nightlies were frozen to evaluate for release and there are a few bugs, including some hard freezing now and then requiring a reboot to clear, that are being squashed but it seems to be 90% complete.

JP

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
Ah, that's great - thanks J515OP. :)

Our CM7 port was start up with the code base for the Nook, I believe, so if qwe manage to get a kernel for he LP1 developed, we might be able to use the Nook's CM9 code as a start as well. :)

Jerry Stake at XDA has been working hard on an independent kernel, he's taking it as a challenge to do it without the manufacturer's support at all. Hope it goes well, he's got it booting, up to the SD card mount stage.