Will There EVER Be a Way to Access Hulu on the Nook Color?

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
Barnes and Noble said it would be part of the 1.4 update. They lied. For months and months everytime you go to the Hulu site via the built in browser or Dolphin, you get the same lie that they are "working hard on bringing Hulu to this device". Frankly I'm tired of the lies. Even a rooted Nook can't access the Hulu app in the App Store.

I signed up for PlayOn, which does let you access, Hulu, Amazon Videos, and a lot of other services, and does work on the Nook, but you have to leave your computer on with the app running there to use it on the go. That kind of sucks.

Why is Hulu discriminating against Nook Color owners?

dansamy

Dec 19, 2010
Well, for that matter, why are they discriminating against the Wii? Hulu has been working on that one for a loong time.

Sent from my DROIDX running MIUI

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
Very true. They are really shooting themselves in the foot by refusing to make access available to so many devices. I don't understand it at all.

infowars.com

Dec 29, 2011
Just found this video yesterday, using the modified flash player apk and changing the user agent to WIN in Dolphin settings got hulu to work for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
So stupid. Why don't these companies like Hulu learn? Can they really make so much more signing an exclusive deal with a device a manufacture and restricting the user base instead of allowing everybody to sign up?

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
Wee if you can find an app called droidlu found it a few months ago for my samsung tab. Works great but haven't tested on nook Colorado. Note the samsuing also did not gave a native hulu app

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
Just found this video yesterday, using the modified flash player apk and changing the user agent to WIN in Dolphin settings got hulu to work for me.

Wow! I didn't even know you could change the user agent in Dolphin! I did that, went to Hulu and it worked like a charm! Yay! Thanks so much! Still sucks for those who don't want to root their Nooks though.

Last edited by a moderator:

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Fredereuco on another thread gave the suggestion to install flash Video Browser,which I did(0.99) and when you open it you see hulu and it should work on yours as it worked on mine. If it does, don't forget to thank him. :)

Samsung Galaxy Note