Will This Work

tornadotumble

May 25, 2011
I've never rooted a device before and I have a question. If I install the z4root app on my Kyros MID 7015, will it root it? If so, is that all I need to do?

Apr 28, 2011
Yes, z4 root is the best way to root the device. All rooting does is give you superuser access.
You will want to install clockworkmod so you can backup all of your stuff and do much more.
If you want google apps (market, maps, and more) then install the gapps passion.
If you want a custom ROM (Honeycomb, watery, others) then find a download link and install that. I prefer Honeycomb, it is faster, and more smooth. I am currently running it, and its better than the stock.
If you dont want a custom ROM, I would prefer getting the Graphics fix. It allows you to play angry birds, and other games without white bars on the screen or multiple lags.
A custom ROM (like HC) would fix this.

Here is a video
on how to root, install clockworkmod, and then install the gapps passion. I used it and it works fine. Also all the links for everything needed are in the description of the video. You can also use one of the stickys on the forum here to guide you through the process. I prefer a video, since you can watch what they are doing instead of just reading text. Follow the directions on the stickys on how to install a custom ROM, or the graphics fix.

I hope this helps. Enjoy =D

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 28, 2011
Yeah no problem. If you have any other issues, just start a new thread, and someone should answer your question, or had a previous experience with the issue.

tornadotumble

May 25, 2011
Chocolatetouch:

Ok, watched you video and I have a big question. After I completed the # mv part, it says: "USAGE: mv a greater than/less than sign source..., then greater/less than sign destination, greater/less than sign.

What is that an dhow do I get rid of it? I noticed on your Kyros screen when you were showing what it looked like all typed in, you screen did not have that on it.

Apr 28, 2011
Chocolatetouch:

Ok, watched you video and I have a big question. After I completed the # mv part, it says: "USAGE: mv a greater than/less than sign source..., then greater/less than sign destination, greater/less than sign.

What is that an dhow do I get rid of it? I noticed on your Kyros screen when you were showing what it looked like all typed in, you screen did not have that on it.

I have not heard of that. I do not kno anything about it, other than mine worked fine.
And btw that is not my video (I did not make it) but it helped me so I decided to share.

soreny

Aug 3, 2011
I couldnt find the link on my tablet.ive got a 1024. If i could possibly get any help it would be greatly apprecited!!