Windows 8 Tablets: Born to fail

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Just a thought, the reviewers might want to wait until, say, they are actually released, I know its just crazy talk but it seems like reviewing an actual release version of a device my be worth a try.
I do think the Windows 8 Pro devices are likely to be in the Ultrabook range as far as power goes, maybe not the Surface devices by Microsoft but many by other developers.

learner

Jan 28, 2012
ThinkingBrian, I said the reviewer was using his Nexus7 as a toy because it is obvious his laptop is his main device.As a stand alone device the Nexus7 is in a different category than a Galaxy Note 10.1 or a Surface Pro.I have a high opinion of the Nexus7.and think it is a great tablet,but it does not multitask nor does it have a digitiser pen.My intent was to point out that if I read a review of a tablet that does support digital writing I do not want a reviewer telling me to buy an Ipad or Nexus7 when they clearly do not support such a function.Hope you continue to enjoy your Nexus7.

ThinkingBrian

May 3, 2012
Learner, three things:
1. I repeat, the Nexus 7 isn't a toy. Its a real device that when used fully, has the capabilities to do many different tasks.

2. This thread is about Windows 8 tablets and one persons opinion on those tablets and not another war between Windows and Android. Personally Windows 8 tablets are under the wait and see category as they haven't been released yet.

3. If the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 meets your needs, that's great, enjoy it, its a nice tablet. But when you ask for peoples for peoples opinions, be prepared to get some interesting answers including the fact that people will recommend what products they have or what works for them. Take the opinions/recommendations at face value, but you are the consumer, get what you want.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Haters! Windows 8 is going to be a game changer in tablet world!

It will be to a certain group of people just like the mini apple pad will be a big change or improvement to a certain group, but in the overall tablet world, it wont even be noticed, neither of them will.