Windows XP laptop doesn't see my Vizio anymore

kaopac61

Aug 5, 2011
I am clearly not as tech saavy as many of you, but I am very unhappy with the new update. My laptop no longer recognizes my Vizio, using Windows XP. I'd prefer not to have to remove my SD card and use an adapter to load programs, books, movies on to it.

After the auto update, I spent 2 hours on the phone with Vizio techs trying to get my laptop to recognize my Vizio AND to get my Vizio to recognize the SD card (ANOTHER problem after the update). They claim my laptop and the Windows XP software is the problem and said I needed to contact Windows support to get a new driver to support the Vizio. It worked fine before the update, so I know it's not a Windows issue. They were able to find all my books and movies on my SD card after a factory reinstall.

Can anyone explain how to fix this, in a dumbed down step by step way to me? I don't know anything about rooting, etc. It sounds like many of you have had this same problem.

Roger2008

Apr 4, 2012
kaopac61 said:
I am clearly not as tech saavy as many of you, but I am very unhappy with the new update. My laptop no longer recognizes my Vizio, using Windows XP. I'd prefer not to have to remove my SD card and use an adapter to load programs, books, movies on to it.

After the auto update, I spent 2 hours on the phone with Vizio techs trying to get my laptop to recognize my Vizio AND to get my Vizio to recognize the SD card (ANOTHER problem after the update). They claim my laptop and the Windows XP software is the problem and said I needed to contact Windows support to get a new driver to support the Vizio. It worked fine before the update, so I know it's not a Windows issue. They were able to find all my books and movies on my SD card after a factory reinstall.

Can anyone explain how to fix this, in a dumbed down step by step way to me? I don't know anything about rooting, etc. It sounds like many of you have had this same problem.

I had and still have so many problems with the HC update that I have reset my VTAB1008 quite a few times now.

Now I see both the on board memory and the external SD card with a USB cable but I had to make minor changes to see my external SD Card with 2 applications.

I use Pocketcloud but it still can not see my external SD Card with that program. Pocketcloud wants all sorts of information from me before they will help me fix it so they will get what they asked for.

But that isn's even the worst. I've shown a lot of people at Vizio the problems I am having after the update and they tell me Google is responsible and that they can do nothing for me because I accepted the upgrade. I reply with you didn't tell me you were going to destroy how the Flash Player worked or I would have never let you trash the Adobe Flash Player.

Plus Vizio HC does not work the same way Samsung HC does and a trip to Best Buy can be used to prove that Vizio is not telling us the truth about other Tablets with HC.

Last edited:

j_janicki

Jul 6, 2011
Hey,

You might have more luck if you do NOT power on the vtab until after you plug it into your pc via usb.

I have found this to work fine on multiple windows systems.

Sometimes the easiest way is best.

Cheers!