Wintec Filemate Identity with 2.2 Froyo will not connect to play store

madman960

Nov 23, 2012
I just received my tablet. Won it on Ebay. Everything runs great. It still has the tab for Android Market. It will not log me in or let me create a new account. Just says my device may not have data enabled. I tried downloading a new Mac Address but the link from Wintec says files are missing or invalid. I also tried to download the firmware update from Wintec. That file says cannot open file. Some data may be missing or invalid. If you were the one downloading try downloading again.

I tried downloading Amazon Market but it redirects me back to Google. I did manage to download Getjar but there were only a handful of apps available.

Where do I go from here? I have searched everything I can think of.

Thanks;

Bill

madman960

Nov 23, 2012
I got it to work by downloading the MacAddress file directly to my tablet. Next I connected my tablet to my pc. Then I inserted an SD card into the pc. For those without a pc or SD card slot on the pc; you could try to move the file from the tablet to the SD card. Not sure if that would work as I did not try it. Next I dragged and dropped the. apk file to the SD card. From here I followed the instructions from Wintec's faq page. However I did have to try twice before the MacAddress to work.

Hope others find this useful.