[WIP] Thunderstorm - ICS for Coby Kyros MIDx024

MikeViller

Nov 25, 2011
Just flash the ThunderstormBeta 5 from slatedroid with the little changes to some files from Steev alpha4 got to the screen. Hoping that the touchscreen could work, the tablet version of ICS look good.

Last edited:

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
Added device files to usr folder enabled soft buttons
menu button unlocks lockscreen
touch screen tried some different modules no go.....If I drag the blue tracer to the location I want without releasing pressure and touch screen with a second finger I am able to muddle through the rom
When pressing home or back button, previous screen image ghost for 2-3 seconds before clearing.
Connected to wifi.The Screen resolution of the Browser is a big improvement over gingerbread (imo)

camera force closes
es task manager force closes
no sound
no voice recording

MikeViller

Nov 25, 2011
Hi just want to know if anything is going in the right direction concerning the touchscreen for the ICS rom. thanks anyone.

MikeViller

Nov 25, 2011
Hi if anyone can answer me, my mid 7024 fall on the floor and the screen is all crack. Can these rom like the thunderstorm and the volcano can be install on the mid8125 cpu type Telechip Cortex A8. thanks looking to buy this one.

MikeViller

Nov 25, 2011
I see that on slatedroid there is a beta7 for ICS. How can I turn this into a ROM for my MID1024?

Hi, take a look at what they did at slatedroid just yesterday before my tablet screen crack I was dealing with namko and he work with steev to get the screen touch to work on coby at least on my mid7024. I did install this before and the touch screen was the problem, know it seem to be fix but I do not have a tablet anymore to try.

mharckk

Dec 4, 2011
they are now at beta 7 might install this once this is complete.hopefully from gingerbread to ics already (skipping honeycomb :) )..

uVa

Feb 9, 2012
Coby 8024
the touch screen isn't working.
and after press M
"unfortunately, google partner setup has stopped"

prog19

Dec 26, 2011
Hi if anyone can answer me, my mid 7024 fall on the floor and the screen is all crack. Can these rom like the thunderstorm and the volcano can be install on the mid8125 cpu type Telechip Cortex A8. thanks looking to buy this one.

None of the ROMs of the xx24 series will run in the 8125 because of the telechips CPU

fotocreaman

Jan 5, 2012
Has anybody tried this on MID1024? if so can somebody explain me how to configure the beta 7 ROM from the HERO tab forum for the MID1024?

Sioca

Jan 8, 2012
I see that on slatedroid there is a beta7 for ICS. How can I turn this into a ROM for my MID1024?

Hi beta don't work on MPMAN. After boot, I have "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped." I can see the desktop and when I push off, i can read the power off popup.

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
I tried do make a compilation of the beta 7 for the 1024. I could get it to boot but also had the UI stop on me. nothing I could do but reset. got this using the included kernel. then I tried with the same kernel from the honeycomb rom and that was much worse....

Back to Volcano I go.... I may tinker with it a bit more....