[WIP] Volcano - Honeycomb 3.0 for Coby Kyros x024

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
Nice Job LFOM, works as advertised. Youtube still doesn't play HQ videos through the browser.The Youtube app seems very functional.I played the Cordy game and made it through first level no force closing. Market had some hiccups but after it updated to 3.44 i everything was fine. I haven't tried the new launcher. I think most will find this version very usuable.
running HCbeta13 on mid 1024, I am not having any success with maps. Wifi cuts in and out on my device

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Vernox, WiFi is only an issue here is tablet enters suspended mode. When I lose it, going to settings and turning off then back on fixes it tho.

Maps works flawlessly here too: update to latest version, go to settings and enable WiFi location, then restart tablet.

mharckk

Dec 4, 2011
This is my first build, trying to create an universal installer as well.

It was tested on a MID1204 with 1024n, but I can't guarantee it will work with every model. I am using steev's safe upgrade utscript, so hard bricking is highly improbable.

Install using the normal procedure. If you do not have a 1024, delete the file 0_MID1024 and install as usual.

Known problems (doesn't work or not tested):
- Camera
- HW accelerated video/audio
- Flash plugin
- USB Host mode
- HDMI
- Gravity sensor seems to work, but doesn't affect UI

There are still small glitches in Launcher/SystemUI. Launcher may seem to freeze if you try to use hardware buttons, so avoid them (not needed in HC anyway). If it seems to freeze, use the double square or even physical buttons to start any app, then it will work again.

WiFi may stop working too is tablet is in suspended mode for a long time. Simply go to settings and turn if off then back on.

Download link - Volcano - Honeycomb ROM - Minus

steev modded a better Launcher for 1024, with more app rows: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17126237/HoneyLF/Launcher2.apk.1024

If you install on a 7024 or 8024, please report back if it works.

If i install this so my rom become honeycomb right? if i want to go back to LF EVO 1.50 what will i do to get back?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Simply install V1.5 EVO again. You have to backup and re-install your data/apps tho, as it will erase data partition (you can try disabling "wipe_data" in both, but I haven't tested so I don't know if it will work, so to be safe backup is advised).

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
Must be my tablet. Maps won't locate. says to select locations in wireless settings but they are all checked. I even added gps lines to smdkv.210. I will play around some more later.

mharckk

Dec 4, 2011
Simply install V1.5 EVO again. You have to backup and re-install your data/apps tho, as it will erase data partition (you can try disabling "wipe_data" in both, but I haven't tested so I don't know if it will work, so to be safe backup is advised).

anyway i just want to maintain the original partition which is 512mb and 2.85gig for sd card. cause i have games whose data are not loaded in the external sd even if i used the link2sd apps. but still i want to install the wipe_data but dont want the 1.5gig partition :) is their a way?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Edit ROM.inf in Volcano and change SIZE_DATA to 512. For GingerLF, edit utscript.sh. Use a text editor that reads Linux line breaks (do not use Notepad on Win).

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
So a full day of tests....

1. My ext SD card will stop showing up in the file system. Ejecting and reinserting fixes temporarily.
2. The pop up from the clock didn't show up well at first. It doesn't click well either.
3. Wifi was glitchy but I thunk it was the area I was connecteed to.

Sent from my rooted, baked, Gingerbread rocking Kyros MID1024

BDS250

Oct 13, 2011
This ROM is coming along nicely, I have noticed a few things that no one else has commented on yet :

When changing the LCD setting to 140 the volume cannot be adjusted its either on full or off. With the LCD at 200 it reverts to a phone home screen. The one other issue I have that I have not heard is when. I press on the settings symbol on the clock pop-up it moves the clock up but no pannel is shown until I tap on the screen to close it then it is shown for a fraction of a second.

Thanks for all the hard work, this will be great very soon I'm thinking.

Sent from my Coby Kyros 1024 using Tapatalk.

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
I know it was said earlier. the UI locks on up me frequently when going into the app drawer. it wont come back out. power button is the ony one that works.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Avoid using the hardware buttons. It's not locked, call any app i.e. using the double square button and it will go back to normal.

eldade

Aug 21, 2011
You are right, but I removed the u-boot flashing code from utscript so those files aren't even used.

I did this to reduce the chance of bricking and to make a universal version that works on (7,8,1)024 possible.

Ok, thanks for answering.