[WIP] Volcano - Honeycomb 3.0 for Coby Kyros x024

Mnemonic

Oct 18, 2011
Well... first attempt failed. After Volcano screen it shutdowns. So I have not the chance to test if lfom modules should work.

MikeViller

Nov 25, 2011
for some reason I lost the lock screen can not select it from the menu it's stay off , at boot it goes direct to the home screen ???
ok fix my mistake

Last edited:

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Having an Android expert check out the touch screen issue on ICS.
Hopefully he'll have an idea on how to fix it.

If not I'll probably just upload an alpha with non-working touch screen so others can have a whack at it.

cornell

Jun 13, 2011
@steev

Will you upload the beta 6 or i can download and install the one from slatedroid?

oops hadn't read that the only change is the install script.

Last edited:

skicavs

Jan 17, 2011
So Installed this ROM on my 8024 and it works surprisingly well, but the system apps show SDK version 10 which according to android's page and wikipedia corresponds to Gingerbread 2.3.3, is this just a fancy facelift for gingerbread? The system version admittedly shows Honeycomb 3.0 but that is easy enough to change in the info files. None of the 3.0+ only programs on the market or my computer run on this rom reporting errors such as INSTALL_FAILED_OLDER_SDK

Did I do something wrong or can someone set this straight?
Thanks

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
So Installed this ROM on my 8024 and it works surprisingly well, but the system apps show SDK version 10 which according to android's page and wikipedia corresponds to Gingerbread 2.3.3, is this just a fancy facelift for gingerbread? The system version admittedly shows Honeycomb 3.0 but that is easy enough to change in the info files. None of the 3.0+ only programs on the market or my computer run on this rom reporting errors such as INSTALL_FAILED_OLDER_SDK

Did I do something wrong or can someone set this straight?
Thanks

Hmm good find.

This is a real Honeycomb 3.0 port from the Android SDK. My guess is maybe Symbean modified a build.prop from a Gingerbread ROM and forgot to change the sdk version from 10 to 11.

Can you tell me which apps report that error so I can try to fix?

cornell

Jun 13, 2011
Hey steev, can I download and install the releases straight from slatedroid or you modify them to work with the kyros and then upload them here yourself?