[WIP] Volcano - Honeycomb 3.0 for Coby Kyros x024

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011

jenlou

Dec 23, 2011
Hi Steev, I've tried installing this rom and the Alldro2 Gingerbread on my 7024 but were unsuccessful. I followed installation instructions but I get this message everytime "cannot find update image". What am I doing wrong and what should I do? Thanks so much.

Mnemonic

Oct 18, 2011
So far I was able to install B6 version on my Coby 1024.

First boot without touch. But, after using ADB I was able to send 'goodix_touch.ko' module and TOUCH IS WORKING now! :)

The hardware buttons are all light up, I already tried send button_ut7gm module but no success!

* Keyboard: A bit wierd the before I set to english :p
* Brightness control: fine!
* Wifi: working fine.
* General size for screen fonts: very readable but I would prefer a bit more big in size.
* Overall speed performance: damn fast!

and... the boot is very fast!! I was very impressed :D

I will play with it a bit more (I never touched a honeycomb so I must learn a lot of things on it) and send more information later.

Steev, this version is compatible with 1024 series if use, at least, the goodix_touch.ko from lfom, adding this in the setup script will work fine.

Thank you all! :)

renancslp

Nov 29, 2011
[h=1]Mnemonic[/h] How do I runit in1024?alreadytriedwithout successisonly the imageof theVolcanoon the screen andnot leaveit=Dcan you explaintheproceduretorun here.

Last edited:

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
So far I was able to install B6 version on my Coby 1024.

First boot without touch. But, after using ADB I was able to send 'goodix_touch.ko' module and TOUCH IS WORKING now! :)

The hardware buttons are all light up, I already tried send button_ut7gm module but no success!

* Keyboard: A bit wierd the before I set to english :p
* Brightness control: fine!
* Wifi: working fine.
* General size for screen fonts: very readable but I would prefer a bit more big in size.
* Overall speed performance: damn fast!

and... the boot is very fast!! I was very impressed :D

I will play with it a bit more (I never touched a honeycomb so I must learn a lot of things on it) and send more information later.

Steev, this version is compatible with 1024 series if use, at least, the goodix_touch.ko from lfom, adding this in the setup script will work fine.

Thank you all! :)

Thanks for the info. I'll add 1024 support in the next release then.

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Hi Steev, I've tried installing this rom and the Alldro2 Gingerbread on my 7024 but were unsuccessful. I followed installation instructions but I get this message everytime "cannot find update image". What am I doing wrong and what should I do? Thanks so much.

Try a different sdcard.

cornell

Jun 13, 2011
Hey steev, I just finished a logo/image for your ROM, I'm using it on my installations, i wanted something more minimalistic as i don't like the whole dragon lava stuff from the other images so take a look.

HC_Volcano.jpg

Attachments

• $HC-Volcano.jpg
    $HC-Volcano.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 526
Last edited:

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
That's cool, cornell, I'll include it.
Can you upload it somewhere else though? The forum automatically converts images to .jpg

I'll also show it to the c8 guys and see if they want to use it.

brunnomaceno

Oct 14, 2011
sending this with beta 6 from my tablet, the market crashed one time, twitter crashes all the time when i click on a tweet. tweet caster for tabletscrashes too but its a beta, so o think its normal. a prbelm that i saw in that version is that the dropdown menu (the one with the brightness controls and etc that appears when you click on the clock) when you click in portrait or landscape its impossible to do anything there, the options dontappear properly and so the menu that is cutted off by the half.

sorry for the english and great work! the soft buttons work well too :D

jenlou

Dec 23, 2011
Try a different sdcard.

Wow, it worked. Didn't even think it was an sdcard problem because it is new. I downloaded an sdcard formatter instead of using windows formatter (which is what I have been doing for days now) and I used a class 4 8GB sdcard. But after I turned the tablet on the error message below keeps appearing almost non-stop so I turned the tablet off until I find a solution. Is it safe to press the reset button? Thanks.

ca

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
a prbelm that i saw in that version is that the dropdown menu (the one with the brightness controls and etc that appears when you click on the clock) when you click in portrait or landscape its impossible to do anything there, the options dontappear properly and so the menu that is cutted off by the half.

sorry for the english and great work! the soft buttons work well too :D

Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah it's a known issue.

We fixed most of them, but there are still some screen layout issues.
I don't think 3.0 was meant for 7" screens.

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Wow, it worked. Didn't even think it was an sdcard problem because it is new. I downloaded an sdcard formatter instead of using windows formatter (which is what I have been doing for days now) and I used a class 4 8GB sdcard. But after I turned the tablet on the error message below keeps appearing almost non-stop so I turned the tablet off until I find a solution. Is it safe to press the reset button? Thanks.

ca

Sorry, link to the image you uploaded is broken.
What's the error message?

jenlou

Dec 23, 2011
Sorry, link to the image you uploaded is broken.
What's the error message?

Sorry about that. It says "The application Huawei IME (process com.huawei.inputmethod.hwpal) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" and below that it says Force Close

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Sorry about that. It says "The application Huawei IME (process com.huawei.inputmethod.hwpal) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" and below that it says Force Close

Oh, that.

Sometimes Huawei IME gets set as the default input method for some reason.

To fix, go to Settings>Language & Input>Current Input Method and select "English (US) Keyboard"