[WIP] Volcano - Honeycomb 3.0 for Coby Kyros x024

Mnemonic

Oct 18, 2011
It just flows! Formated SD and follow the known instructions. The main issue was with the touch screen, but solved as I told.

Now, Steev, is this ROM rooted? I cant get root access :( I would like to install ntfs mount app which lfom provides with his distro but no root. No root or I should doing something wrong here?

jenlou

Dec 23, 2011
The CFW Volcano is just GREAT. From using the stock firmware to this firmware, I noticed a huge improvement: touchscreen is less resistive, easier to move from one screen to the next, faster battery charging, better calibration - still in beta stage but its zoomin'. It has the basic functions like wifi connection, simple game apps to pass the time and web browsing, so far soooo good. Some minor issue I noticed, I can't view all of my apps in one screen and when I try to move to the next screen or scroll up or sideways looking for the rest of the apps it gives me a window where I have moved my apps, is it just me? I haven't tested other apps like youtube, netflix, skype and music app, I think I'll be needing more memory now, how can I have more internal memory space, is it possible? Again BIG thanks to all the people involved in this project.

Oh, I got it. Silly me.

Last edited:

renancslp

Nov 29, 2011
Where do I change the file. Ko for the VOLCANO in Touch? UTV210_root is in? the system folder / modules? And in the case would have to put the ROM Modules 1.5 LFOM the EVO? By Google Tradutor. =D

renancslp

Nov 29, 2011
Thank you for providing this ROM Steev Incredible. = D Before I changed it to run the package.Utv210_root put the tgz UTModules Fuindo of 1.5EV and this all very well including the side buttons!! Very Beautiful Well Fluid ROM! Excellent! Thanks to all = D

Obrigado Steev por disponibilizar esta ROM Incrivel. =D Antes de Rodar ela eu alterei o pacote .tgz do utv210_root coloquei os UTModules da 1.5EVO e esta Fuindo tudo Muito Bem inclusive os botoes Laterais !!!! Muito Linda a ROM Bem Fluida!!! Excelente !!! Obrigado a Todos =D

cece24

Dec 24, 2011
good morning
one thank you very much for distribution of your works.
ca has give again life has my bar.

Mnemonic

Oct 18, 2011
The pop-up options window that appears when click over the clock is working here with 1024. I will reflash to see if I can work with root apps, as far I was unable.

cornell

Jun 13, 2011
The pop-up options window that appears when click over the clock is working here with 1024. I will reflash to see if I can work with root apps, as far I was unable.

when I tap on the clock it opens a box with the clock and battery percentage, I can expand it but in expanded mode the only thing that works is the wifi properties other than that I can't scroll or enable/disable the other switches.

EDIT-

It works, but it doesn't show the changes until I close it and open it again.

Last edited:

dutchboy

Dec 30, 2011
Got a Kyros 7024 & 8024 for the kids for Christmas - will load on to one tonight to help test. Thanks for all your work on this!

Mnemonic

Oct 18, 2011
Hard to get root!! I downloaded latest SuperOneClick, this told me my tablet was already rooted (Titanium backup were unable to run). Run it twice, run also z4root and after that TB is working, busybox, lcd resolution (changed from 120 to 130 dpi - just a try to see if I find any issue/my main window was reduced, not good...).

Maybe I have to reflash to understand what step was the correct one.

Still cannot put ntfs mount to work.

Last edited:

dutchboy

Dec 30, 2011
Loaded it on to our mid-8024. The upper taskbar is not active on the home screen on this 8024 when in landscape mode but it is active when in portrait mode. In Market the upper line is not active in landscape or portrait (appears to be about the top 1/2" that displays properly but the buttons are just carried up from the 1/2" below if that makes sense. One interesting thing I noticed was that if I flip it upside down (portrait mode) with the silver button on the top, the top line works fine but if I rotate it 180 it does not.

I was able to log on to our wifi and get online fine. Went to the google market on the browser and was able to access it but didn't seem to be able to download any apps from there. Touchscreen seem to work great except for the top taskbar line sometimes.

Nice job guys!

dutchboy

Dec 30, 2011
One more thing we noticed - the battery won't charge while the tablet is turned on (8024) - the charge light is blue with the red light on behind that at the same time but the tablet continues to run off battery power. EDIT: Battery looks to be charging after all - may just be flaky voltage readings off the battery between 5-15% life left - will keep watching it.

Last edited:

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
Volcano for mid 1024N
Unable to connect to wifi wpa password protected networks
menu doesn't work from home screen but works in applications like browser
google search force closes probably because of the widget and being embedded into home screen edit: voice search force closes
cannot access live wall papers or static walls
Tablet indicates that it is charging but meter percentage only goes down.
Back or return button doesn't work maybe a module issue