[WIP] Volcano - Honeycomb 3.0 for Coby Kyros x024

rain

May 5, 2011
read an article in the tech news yesterday, seems the WPA has been toasted ( some researcher posted to the world ( nasty, evil, bad guys included... ) ) a quick and EASY method to break into WPA. well, that's what i believe i am getting from the article. time to move beyond WPA to something better...

Mnemonic

Oct 18, 2011
Volcano for mid 1024N
Unable to connect to wifi wpa password protected networks
menu doesn't work from home screen but works in applications like browser
google search force closes probably because of the widget and being embedded into home screen edit: voice search force closes
cannot access live wall papers or static walls
Tablet indicates that it is charging but meter percentage only goes down.
Back or return button doesn't work maybe a module issue

This is my last post here, this year :D

Well, no problem with wifi wpa, no probs with menu either, I have not tested google search yet, no probs with wallpapers too...

Battery indicator is correct.
None of my buttons works. Lights are always on.

Did you replace all /system/modules from this distro with lfom?

Happy 2012 for everybody!

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
This is my last post here, this year :D

Well, no problem with wifi wpa, no probs with menu either, I have not tested google search yet, no probs with wallpapers too...

Battery indicator is correct.
None of my buttons works. Lights are always on.

Did you replace all /system/modules from this distro with lfom?

Happy 2012 for everybody!
Thanks for the info I changed one thing too many and caused my own problem. Voice search and google framework services still force close but this rom is very functional ....no root access yet, stutters between apps but a few memory tweaks and this one will be good to go.

Happy New Year All !

Last edited:

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I'll look at these reports later tonight.

Happy new year!

MikeViller

Nov 25, 2011
Happy New Year everyone and here my proposal for ICS 4.0 Cyclone $cyclone Kyros.jpg

Spook_Man

Nov 30, 2011
Firstly, this looks very good and runs quick. Things I noticed for me:

1) No issues noted with the touch screen and was able to connect to my WiFi without any issues.

2) Workspace screens don't "fit" right. For example, when looking at the apps in horizontal or vertical mode, items all the way to the left could be scrolled over to, but that was it; couldn't select them because it would auto-scroll back to the right. There's just something with the screen resolution, centering, etc. I'd say it's like running your computer screen resolution at 1024x768 with pan & scan on a 800x600 monitor.

3) If I click on APPS at the top and try to scroll left/right, it appears to force close and takes me back to the workspace screen.

4) Light-up side buttons and home button appears to work fine.

5) Camera doesn't work; known.

Hope this helps..

EDIT:
Have a list of Apps which I had installed and running on Alldro2 1.1 SP-1 and of the 67 apps I had installed and running, only 30 are availabled for download. Most of these are games and kids apps instead of my major needed apps; such-as the Android Tablet.Net Forum App (it's not available), SkyPe, Adobe Flash just to name a few. So, looks like I'm rolling back to 1.1 SP-1.

I do like the new Email app which comes with this. Really like the layout of how message folders on the left, messages on the right. Scrolls nice. Configured this for my Gmail, Work Exchange and POP3 without any problems.

Last edited:

carofegui

Jan 3, 2012
man please help me, i´m tryng flash this rom but i´m in difficult in change de modules for lfom rom, i tryed, in windows a unzip with winrar, utv210_root.tgz, go to modulos in system, and place goodix touch for the distro os lfom, unzip with for .zip with winrar and change for the tar.gz with arc converter, but not function tablet no boot, but i dont chande utv210 the system go up without touch, speak for step by step to put the modules in this rom, or if you a good soul up the zip with all archives right configure, beta 9 upagrade released, i tryed this, ty for your attention, and please i wanna really really try teste this rom, i hate gingerbread in tablets ;)

Mnemonic

Oct 18, 2011
Just installed B9 here. I will stay with Honeycomb as I think ICS would be heavy to run on 1024, I read about other people experiencing slows in modified rom such myPad.

Wifi, hardware buttons, touch, battery and so on. Simple move via adb the lfom modules files. Thats great now! :D

Well, there are a lot of crashes here and there, but it's running.

Cant make SD card to working :(

Last edited:

weho

Jun 2, 2011
Installed the B6 from the original post. Looks pretty good. Like others reported, no camera, many apps FC and the USB doesn't work yet, but it sure is pretty, if a little laggy sometimes on my 7024.