[WIP] Volcano - Honeycomb 3.0 for Coby Kyros x024

cornell

Jun 13, 2011
Installed the B9 on my 7024 but there are only 2 apps displayed on the Market, ADW Launcher and Avast!.

I think the fingerprint is facked up or something.

MikeViller

Nov 25, 2011
I did install B9 and replace the files utscript, u-boot.bin, and utv210_root.tgz with the one from Steev alldro2. Market work but did crash although the first time didn't had any apps listed at re-boot it ok. Still no video here although I read in slatedroid the video was working. [ROM] Volcano - HoneyComb Beta9 1/1/12 [Herotab C8] - SlateDroid.com - Page 7

re installed the rom with the beta9 utv210_root.tgz file. boot images are great but need an expert to refine this for our tablet, Steev is their hope for an update soon. Also will it be possible to use the thunderstorm UI from the thunderstorm alpha4 I found the text on the volcano notification bar light, hard to read compare to thunderstorm.

Last edited:

yikzu

Apr 12, 2011
gave it a try on my 7024 and tried a couple of aps...
Skype worked (obviously just voice call)
dropbox FC
tried Flashplayer 10.2 but didn't work

overall pretty good, I was able to download apps from the market and from the browser.
Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

emvbase

Jan 24, 2011
Hi guys. Steev in special.
I'm a designer not a developer, but i can help with somethings. :)
I saw the "start logo" and i think, animations is always great. Animations with
loop could show to us that tablet is thinking or starting in this case.

I create this ani .gif
http://lab.emvbase.com/volcano_emvgif.gif

If you like you could use in another beta versions. I don't know how is the correct file format to export if anyone could explain me
i will export without problems to everybody. The gif has 500x350px and 20 frames

Anyone have Roboto.ttf the new typo in ICS? If anyone have and could send me in a private message I will change
the texts to an official Google typo just to put the logo at the same design line of the system.

:)

thvillegas

Jan 6, 2012
Hello

Team. I'd like to help with Kyros and User Test. I have the Kyros 1024, with the systemboard 1024n. 32GB Micro SD. I tried to install but the Vulcan works in touch. What should I do to enable the Touch.

Thanks in advance.

I'd like to help. With the team to improve, Android. Where can I learn. anyone have any documentation?

Thank you.

thvillegas

Jan 6, 2012
Mnomonic

please

I wonderhow do youenable the touch.haveahowto.I would like tolearn more.how to modify theAndroid.and help the community.

Mnemonic

Oct 18, 2011
Mnomonic

please

I wonderhow do youenable the touch.haveahowto.I would like tolearn more.how to modify theAndroid.and help the community.

I guess the simplest way is you install SuperOneClick ([APP]SuperOneClick v2.3.3 - Motorola Exploit Added! - xda-developers), go to the link and follow the instructions, it's easy. After all, you should be able to use ADB and and send the files.

to send files via adb to Android's modules directory (honeycomb): adb push <local_file> /system/modules

Reboot and be happy :)

cornell

Jun 13, 2011
Steev, Where do teh UT modules need to go and how do i TGZ them back up so I can test it on my 1024?

The UT modules go in utv210_root.tgz /system/modules and to modify this file you can use 7zip.

Just open the .tgz file with 7zip and delete/add by drag and drop the files you want, hit the close button and the program will ask you if you want you re-structure the file.

Last edited:

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Booted on the 1024. man this thing sucks down the battery when you load software on it. wow. anyways, the screen works so far. loading TB from teh market now and all my goodies to it. it connects to the wifi good and screen rotates. I have alot to try to bring back thru TB so ill run it thru the paces.

For those that want to test on the 1024, I added teh Modules from LFOM's ROM to the version 6 of the Volcano Steve posted. it boots and works very very well. I zipped this up for anyone who wants to give it a shot. Keep in mind, this is NOT MY CREATION and mega props go to those in the front of this post.

http://www.4shared.com/zip/pfCbmoxt/VolcanoBeta6_mid1024.html

a few things of note for me:
1. TB works and restored all my apps
2. most work so far. DOlphin, adobe, Angry Birds, Facebook, words with friends etc...
3. dont work: Kindle, YOutube (played sounds but not video)
4. Multitouch test had 10 points of touch.
5. SD card does not show up in the settings/storage area, but it is accessable from file manager and other programs that read teh file structure such as TB and root explorer. I used RE to change the resolution from 120 to 160. liking it so far.

there are lots of apps that dont show up in the market.

Device is rooted, and SUPER FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit:

Words with Friends is not working that well. it will load but puzzle wont open. I side loaded an newer version of the market and it loaded fine and booted up. showed ALL of my apps and I had 18 updates to deal with. let it do the updates and they do download faster than they used to.

Last edited:

Mnemonic

Oct 18, 2011
Pickupman66, wifi is not working with my 1024 and not access extern sdcard with your distro. After update have you done something else? I gonna try again, anyway.

Wifi is not activating, reports error.

Last edited:

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Odd. My wifi works great. much better than the gb roms. having Market issues though. the new one will not work and restoring the old one also crashes on open. Oh well.

I am getting a launcher crash on every boot.

Last edited:

Mnemonic

Oct 18, 2011
What about using beta 9 instead of 6? I tried it and it works very well, but cant make external sdcard to work!!