Wireless but 3 g. quit....HELP!

jakie55

Aug 30, 2010
I just purchased a Galaxy Tab with 3 g on Bell Mobility.(HSdpa) Initially the 3g worked,as well as the wifi. OF course, I could not leave well enough alone, and now, the 3g does not work. The bars are there, the data pack upload and download symbols are there, but I get a message"Data Connectivity Problem" The server failed to communicate Try again later" I checked to make sure I had the data pack and data pack roaming checked, but what else am I missing? I have already talked to Bell to make sure it was not something from their end, but they say things are as they should be. Any suggestions would be appreciated.:confused::)

jbjtkbw00

May 2, 2011
You stated that you 'could not leave well enough alone', but you didn't say what you did so how can anyone intelligently respond? All I can recommend is a full factory restore to default to see if things get going again.

jakie55

Aug 30, 2010
Well, that's part of the problem. I cant remember exactly what I did. I know I changed some of the settings for 3g/h/cdma and put them back to the right settings, and I turned on and off the wifi settings. Otherwise, I am not sure. I did a factory restore to default, and that did not help with the connecting to servers issue at all. Thanks for your questions to help clarify the situation.

ajester

May 20, 2011
In 'wireless and networks' at the bottom is 'mobile network', click the checkbox so there is a blue check mark.

I know I have a regular droid phone, but I was having a similar issue and stumbled on the this threat and then figured out the solution to my problem.

Hope this helps,
Allen

Jesus has risen. He has risen indeed.