Wireless inconsistency

thecamporter

Aug 9, 2012
I recently purchased the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, 10.1". I have since had nothing but problems with maintaining a WIFI connection without having to repeatedly disable and re-enable the wifi on the tablet. Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas in the way of tech troubleshooting? My home router is Cisco DPC3825 Gateway, but I did have the same problem on other networks. I have the most recent Android OS update, as of today.

Thanks.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
If you only had the problem at home there would likely be several things I would suggest but if you have the problem at public hotspots, (for instance) then I would suspect an app may be geiing in the way.

At home you should be able to input fix IP information which may help. You can access that by long taping the connection then go to advanced. But that won't be much help away from home.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Thanks for the reply. What do you mean by this:

Thanks.

Go to settings - WiFi, find the connection at your home. Long press the connection and it will come up with Modify Network. Tap on that then show advanced options. At that spot you can enter an IP, subnet, gateway and DNS information manually.