wireless network connection: doesn't ask for username and password?

dunl

Oct 6, 2010
Hi all,
I have my Gome Flytouch's MAC address loaded into our wireless server here at school, but when I try to connect it just sits there and does nothing. It SHOULD be asking me for my username and password....is there somewhere in the settings that I have missed that I can set this up?

Thanks.

wmx777

Nov 28, 2010
Hi all,
I have my Gome Flytouch's MAC address loaded into our wireless server here at school, but when I try to connect it just sits there and does nothing. It SHOULD be asking me for my username and password....is there somewhere in the settings that I have missed that I can set this up?

Thanks.

Sounds like the same issue I was having.. see here . hoben02 says that with some of these devices, they don't play well with WEP encryption. Try wpa2 or a later encryption protocol... although, to do that at your school, you'll have to talk the sysadmin into changing it to that, and then all of the other students will have to change their settings as well.

hoben02

Nov 10, 2010
Hi all,

Thanks.

Try bringing up an empty browser page that may have the login request there

Last edited: