Wireless palm keyboard not working on X5a.

andrewc86

Oct 19, 2010
Hi all. Brand new to this forum and have a small problem with my APAD. I got my pad a few weeks ago and am more than happy with the quality of it but I thought the touch screen could have been better. So today I went to Maplins and bought a game pad sized wireless keyboard with mouse thumbstick. I had some doubts as to whether it would work on my pad but tried anyway. To my surprise the keyboard didn't work. However the mouse did. I checked the settings and couldn't find a way to turn it on. According to the box the wireless dongle is 2.4ghz and though it says designed for Windows it should still work given that the mouse part was received ok.

Any help is much appreciated.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
The difference is discussed in another thread either on this forum or another. It is the default HID compatibility capability on the X5A units. There seems to be some units with extended HID elements which make some keyboards and mice non-compatible. I feel your pain. I had a similar issue on the USB keyboards and Mice. One would work the other not so much.