Wireless shuts off when tablet timesout have to reboot

chile5o

Feb 28, 2011
I have a g tab running cyanogen mod7 gingerbread 2.3.3. I have screen timeout set to 2 minutes. When the tab times out and sits for about 20 minutes the wireless shuts off. If I go into settings and manage wireless settings the tab freezes and eventually forceclose wireless not responding. To get wireless back I have to reboot the tab. Is there some setting im missing?

Thanks in advance

ralphtrent

Apr 14, 2011
I have a g tab running cyanogen mod7 gingerbread 2.3.3. I have screen timeout set to 2 minutes. When the tab times out and sits for about 20 minutes the wireless shuts off. If I go into settings and manage wireless settings the tab freezes and eventually forceclose wireless not responding. To get wireless back I have to reboot the tab. Is there some setting im missing?

Thanks in advance

You have the wifi sleep policy enabled. Go to wifi settings (as if you were to connect to a wifi network), press the menu button, then select advance, then Wi-Fi sleep policy, and then select one of the Never options.

The idea is great, but I do not think the "wake up" feature works.

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
T . . I do not think the "wake up" feature works . . .

Perhaps it all depends on custom Rom. My set-up with Calkulin + Clemsyn combo re-enables wifi within seconds after sleep. There may be other reasons that we may not understand fully.

Dave

chile5o

Feb 28, 2011
are you running a custom kernel?
I tried

[Kernel] 2.6.32.38 - OC-UV-VFP_FP (1.400GHZ) - Gtab/Zpad (Update 4/20/11)

from pershoot over as XDA Forums but the tablet was acting all buggy, freezing, lags, super sensitive touch screen
so I reverted back to the stock kernal with CWR

You have the wifi sleep policy enabled. Go to wifi settings (as if you were to connect to a wifi network), press the menu button, then select advance, then Wi-Fi sleep policy, and then select one of the Never options.

The idea is great, but I do not think the "wake up" feature works.
I'll try that when I get home from work today (didn't bring my tab with me today):mad:

Thanks I'll let you know the results

ralphtrent

Apr 14, 2011
Its a setting that I almost always forget to change after a refresh. I hate that setting. i understand it, but don't like it. :)