Wits A81-E Market no longer working - market fix no longer working also (FW 0221)

Fever

Aug 17, 2010
I am running the 0221 firmware. As of mid september 2011 the market is no longer showing all search results.

I have read on the wits forum that others are having this problem. Can anyone else confirm that its no longer working?

If you have a A81-E and you're thinking of reflashing it, I would suggest you dont do that as you will lose any apps you have now.

Does anyone have a working A81-E with market?

I am looking for 2 apps that I need someone to extract for me. I need NFL Fantasy 2011 and ATP/WTA Tennis Live ... The only way I can think of getting these is to have someone else download them, extract the APK files from your tablet using an app extractor app and then sending me the files.

If anyone knows when our market will work again I would love to find out ... My guess is that something on Market has changed and we need to update somehow but likely cannot as this tablet is not really supported anymore. I have had this tablet less than a year and its no good already. Very unhappy! But if someone can help me get those 2 apps thats all I really need.

Thanks
Fever

DanU

Mar 4, 2011
Root your device and run titanium backup to protect your apps.

My A81G stopped being able to have full Market access a few weeks ago. Reflash with updated ROM (also 0221) did not resolve. I have seen similar posts from users of several other devices, phones and tablets. I personally think something is afoot at Google.

Try Amazon market.

fatmanwalking

Mar 26, 2011
I'm saw the same thing a few weeks ago and thought my A81H was going south on me, but this is curious as others are reporting similar problems with Android Market. My attempt at trying to flash the latest ROM update was due to similar problems I was having with Android Market. (I posted my sad story in another thread.)

I still believe that my particular tablet is partially brain damaged as previously working apps like Angry Birds Rio are no longer working for me. BTW, I got my Angry Birds Rio from Amazon Market.

I believe that DanU is on to something. Perhaps Witstech was not really authorized to use the complete Android Market?

Anyhow for now my source for apps is Amazon Market, again as DanU has suggested.

Octopus

Sep 25, 2011
I have the same problem with the Witstech device. I am presently downloading apps from "http://androiddev/orkitra.com/?page_id=19". They are mirroring the market and let you download the free apks directly from their site.

I am running the 0221 firmware. As of mid september 2011 the market is no longer showing all search results.

I have read on the wits forum that others are having this problem. Can anyone else confirm that its no longer working?

If you have a A81-E and you're thinking of reflashing it, I would suggest you dont do that as you will lose any apps you have now.

Does anyone have a working A81-E with market?

I am looking for 2 apps that I need someone to extract for me. I need NFL Fantasy 2011 and ATP/WTA Tennis Live ... The only way I can think of getting these is to have someone else download them, extract the APK files from your tablet using an app extractor app and then sending me the files.

If anyone knows when our market will work again I would love to find out ... My guess is that something on Market has changed and we need to update somehow but likely cannot as this tablet is not really supported anymore. I have had this tablet less than a year and its no good already. Very unhappy! But if someone can help me get those 2 apps thats all I really need.

Thanks
Fever

fatmanwalking

Mar 26, 2011
I stumbled upon these links which appear to verify DanU's suspicions about Google/Android Market going though some changes.

https://market.android.com/

Android Market Apps Known Issues - Android Market Help

The first link is website access to the Android Market. The second is a support link of known issues. Several have reported problems like what DanU has found with the Witstech and on threads for other tablets. Since the website doesn't know if I am connecting from my Witstech MID or my Samsung Dart, I see all off the downloads I have made from my Dart. This from my Witstech using the Dolphin browser. When I try to download an app to my Witstech that isn't normally seen from Android Market on my Witstech, I get a "device not supported" message.

It just might be that Google/Android Market is filtering out devices like the Witstech. Who know for sure?

Muttz

Oct 5, 2010
It's not only the Witstech. My Coby Kyros 7015 can no longer access the market either. I got an original 7" Galaxy Tab for almost nothing on a plan, so I hadn't bothered with either of these for awhile. The Coby has been attached to the TV as a video player for months. I was going to reflash both tonight while I watched TV, but that sounds like a waste of time.

Amazon app store doesn't work in Canada :( but there are others and I can side-load.

Octopus

Sep 25, 2011
The Witstech does not have the minimal specifications imposed by Android Market. It could only access the Market in the past thanks to some workaround from Witstech.

I also registered with AmazonMarket (with a fictitious US address and credit card as I am not a US resident).

I then had to edit my build.prop file masquerading the Witstech as a Nexus, as Amazon was granting me limited access only.

I'm saw the same thing a few weeks ago and thought my A81H was going south on me, but this is curious as others are reporting similar problems with Android Market. My attempt at trying to flash the latest ROM update was due to similar problems I was having with Android Market. (I posted my sad story in another thread.)

I still believe that my particular tablet is partially brain damaged as previously working apps like Angry Birds Rio are no longer working for me. BTW, I got my Angry Birds Rio from Amazon Market.

I believe that DanU is on to something. Perhaps Witstech was not really authorized to use the complete Android Market?

Anyhow for now my source for apps is Amazon Market, again as DanU has suggested.

DanU

Mar 4, 2011
I found this on the witstech forum:

" I solved it by manually editing the build.prop file, inside the /system directory of the device. You need to be root for that. I changed the values of these lines as follows : ro.product.model=Blade ro.product.brand=zte ro.product.name=blade ro.product.device=blade ro.product.board=blade ro.product.manufacturer=ZTE

I have full access to the market. [/quote] On slatedroid- thanx to marcosinus i tried it and checked and booted many times but it did not work Later then i did the old market trick -clear cache, stop program etc etc.- after altering build.prop file NOW EVERYTHING IS FINE! a81e is still a very nice and functional device after 1.5 years "