Witstech Coming Out With A New Model Any Time Soon?

Paralel

Jun 20, 2011
Witstech seems to come out with models in rather quick succession. The last thing I want to do is buy the A81H+ and have them come out with an A81I next week. Are they likely to be releasing a new model any time soon, within the next few months, or is it going to be at least fall or Q4 before any newer models are released?

fatmanwalking

Mar 26, 2011
On the Merimobiles order page for the A91 there is a button to click to 'add GPS option' for an additional $15

Thanks Dan.

BTW, I am going to post this here as I am hoping that someone else might have figured out and answer to the problem you are having with updating the ROM on your A81G. You see, I tried everything that you tried and am experiencing exactly the same problems as you with my A81H.

I even contacted Merimobiles and corresponded with them with all of the ways I tried to update my ROM. In the end, Merimobiles support quietly stopped corresponding with me. My guess is that they didn't know what to do and really didn't want to authorize a repair on my tablet as it sounded more like a software problem instead of a hardware problem.

Last edited:

DanU

Mar 4, 2011
Thanks back atcha Fatman. I bought mine at Hous of DAP and sent them a note last night. I guess we'll see if they do any better than MM. At least the device is usable, I may just have to sideload apps going forward. That might not be so bad as this one will get handed down to my wife (assuming I can resolve the issues with the new T7 I got from MM). I will say that MM has provided decent email support for me up to this point on the T7 - I am waiting for a new ROM from them now, and already have an RMA form just in case I need it.

Certainly if I come up with a nugget to get these A81's to load I will post.

DanU

Mar 4, 2011
Small update - I went to the WITSTECH site and they actually have a support tab where you can open a trouble ticket. I have an auto response right now, but it is the weekend in China, so hopefully Sun night or Monday I may get some help.

fatmanwalking

Mar 26, 2011
Fatman, see my post about getting my A81G to load. I had success yesterday using the procedure on the WITSTECH site

DanU, thank you for sharing your knowledge.

Unfortunately for me, it looks like my A81H tablets days are numbered. I tried the method you suggested in the other thread and still no joy.

Because of strange things going on with my tablet, I believe that I have a more serious problem at hand. About a week ago I lost my usual full access to Android Market. Trying the methods described on this board used to work, but now no more. Fortunately I can still use the Amazon App Market.

Just as I outgrew my Sylvania resistive screen tablet, I see myself outgrowing this one as well. I'll keep using this one until I can either afford a better tablet or until my A81H completely dies.

Thank you again DanU and for everyone else, please forgive us for posting off topic on this thread.