wm8650 and proxy server

northwards

Apr 23, 2011
Hi,
Does anyone know which port Android 2.2 on a VIA wm8650 uses to access the Internet? My Wifi is routed through an ipcop (linux) firewall which forces normal outbound Internet traffic via normal ports (80, 8080 etc) through the ipcop proxy, but the wm8650 somehow bypasses the proxy. I don't know whether I'm just missing the port the tablet is actually using.
Any ideas?
Thanks so much,

VonSpyder

Apr 16, 2011
I know this might sound a bit odd, but i think youll get a quicker response to this question if its posted on the ubuntu forums. Not the same linux distro, I know, but those forums are alot more active than this one and those guys would probably know that questions answer. Wish I could tell you.

northwards

Apr 23, 2011
I know this might sound a bit odd, but i think youll get a quicker response to this question if its posted on the ubuntu forums. Not the same linux distro, I know, but those forums are alot more active than this one and those guys would probably know that questions answer. Wish I could tell you.

Thanks.
Not a bad idea - although, in my experience, most of the Ubuntu guys who know their way around proxies hang out on the IRC chat lines...
Regards,
David

northwards

Apr 23, 2011
It turns out that the reason the Android was bypassing my proxy server is because my iptables file had somehow become corrupted. So it had nothing to do with Android. Now I've got to figure out how to set the proxy...