WM8650 first impression.

tnt423

Aug 1, 2011
Hi World,
I just got this as my first tablet;

[h=1]New Google Android 2.2 / 3.0 Hybrid Tablet PC 7 inch[/h]
Ebay,
DRHOTDEAL

I did not want to spend a lot of money on an experimantal device. I will use it for...

E-reader.
Music player.
Occasional web browsing.
Occasional youtube/movie player.

I do light gaming on home pc and just wanted something larger than a typical phone. My son suggested trying this after I mentioned looking at a co-workers i-pad.

I must say, I've been pleased so far and still have a lot to learn.Plays MP4 ok, but having trouble with sound on movies with avi format. must be a setting issue.

Loaded Aldiko and it works great.

Tried Youtube Android, with no problems.

As long as I turn the wifi off everything seems to play good so far. I had trouble with two finger touch at first, but that seems better as the device and I get to know each other.

I'll post again after I've learned more.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Welcome to the forum tnt423. Glad you could join us here.

nole4life

Aug 18, 2011
I just recently received this tablet and I am having trouble figuring out how to download ereader apps. Every time I try to download an ereader app a notification pops up and says that their is no andriod phone registered with my account. All I want to do is read books on this. Please help! Thanks :D

tnt423

Aug 1, 2011
I'm using Aldiko that downloaded (I did use a google account that I had established already) and the PDF reader that came installed with the unit. I have thought about trying the Kindle or Nook readers, but I have a large library that can already be read by using Word to convert RTF to PDF files, this is done on my desktop pc and saved to SD. Cant use night read ( black background ). Thats enough for me right now. Probably will have to do something else later.
Still getting used to using the thing.

Last edited:

Roza

Nov 7, 2011
Any update tnt423 from your Android Tablet? I'm going to buy the same tablet you got from ebay. I'm still a little hesitant as I'm not sure it's reliable enough or not (as the price is really low for a tablet $90). So what do you suggest after about 3 months using yours?