Wm8650 sawee10 10" tablet: need help with mounting of external micro sd card

jenom

Oct 13, 2011
My freshly purchased WM8650 10" sawee10 tablet has a problem reaching its external microSD card, most likely due to incorrect settings/mounting/linking.
Tried with 4 different cards (1-2GB), formatted as FAT and FAT32, .....no change
The 2 USB port working fine, they show up as udisk1 and udisk2 in file manager.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I open a file manager, it lists 3 related directories in the MAIN / (root) : sdcard , sdcard1, sdcard2

When open directory "/sdcard/", it shows content of the MAIN /

When open directory "/sdcard1/" , it shows the content of the INTERNAL MEMORY, such as LazyList, download, Flash_Player,Android,DCIM,mobitibi, TunnyBrowser, .....

When open directory "/sdcard2/", it shows again content of the MAIN /
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In /mnt/ directory there are 3 directories : /secure/ , /asec/ , /sdcard/
When I open "/mnt/sdcard/" directory, it shows contents of the INTERNAL MEMORY, LazyLIst, download, Flash_Player,......
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any apps I am downloading also goes to the INTERNAL MEMORY /download/
From my little experience with linux, I think the problem is somewhere in the settings/config file, how is the external microSD device is mounted (linked to a directory in a file system).....if remember, in linux the config files were called "fstab" and "mtab"

Could someone please provide info, how this can be done properly, and also which apps I need to open/see/edit configuration and init files ?

Thanks!

Last edited:

jenom

Oct 13, 2011
Well, discovered , if I turn on tablet, with TF card installed, the card gets mounted as LOCAL in file manager.
So I just keep card in all the time, if I change it, I need to reboot !