WM8650 Uberoided Works, Lacks Mic Functionality

Rickatatastan

Feb 10, 2012
I recently bought MID WM8650 and used Uberoid option 65 (went through the models which were relevant to my device and when all failed, I went through the list backwards). The device works with the new OS and everything (for the touchscreen I had to plug in a mouse and do a touchpanel configuration) is wonderful except:

1) The microphone appears to be non-functional whether or not I plug in headphones.

2) Audio only comes from the speakers when I plug IN my headphones -clearly the device is detecting the plugging in action but seems to be interpreting it as if I UNPLUGGED them.

Considering that I want to use this device primarily for free VOIP calls, this is quite a setback. I wonder if there are some settings that I can tweak to change how the mic/speakers function?

I would prefer to not flash it over and over because I've now downloaded stuff from the apps market and if I flash it, it'll tell me I already downloaded it and can't download it again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Lots of love,

Rick.

Last edited:

Rickatatastan

Feb 10, 2012
Update: I have finally solved this. This problem required a ROM flash with the correct settings for the device. Uberoid did not work for me, I went with an alternative.

amundo

Jun 16, 2011
Good to hear, Rick.

I've only just come across your thread, so I didn't help either :)

Any chance you'd post which ROM fixed your problem, or is that a secret?

Cheers!