WM8650 Udroidx - gone nuts

benegesserit

Apr 11, 2012
I have an 8" tablet (actually it was Xmas gift from me to my wife) and it froze for no apparent reason. I scoured the web, found a firmware 'upgrade', downloaded and installed it, BAM, what a mess.

It turned out to be an older version. Screen now seems to behave like a 7" device with part of the image wrapping around. Worse is that the icons only respond if you touch the screen off-centre to the icon. This is obviously a screen pixel address/displacement problem.

So I re-scoured the web, found v1.5.3 (which is what the original firmware version was) and installed it. I now have a brand new interface that is radically different from the original (and I don't like it much), with a choice of 3 screen looks/formats. BUT, it still has the 7" wrap thing happening.

I need a version of the firmware that will restor my 8" full-screen mode and hopefully a 1.5.3 version that will get me back to square one.

I have waded through this forum (and a few others) and apart from having trouble deciphering some of the 'speak', really haven't found anything enlightening (that I understand).

Please help.

benegesserit

Apr 11, 2012
Well, I installed build v1.5.5 and got a much nicer interface than the other wierdos in v1.5.3, and even though the screen still tells me it is v1.5.3, it is a definite change for the better. It has even returned a proper file manager to the collection of tools BUT, the screen geometary is still screwed.

I have received no response to my calls for help from the seller (big surprise).

I know I am needing access to the OS so I can reset the screem/graphics, but have no idea how to do this.