wm8650

juliecumnock

Dec 26, 2011
help!!!! my daughter got an android tablet wm8650 for her xmas and it will not stay connected to wifi. laptop and phone all connected to router so am stuck

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Julie, I've noticed your post has been here quite a while with no response. I'm going to move it for you to the WonderMedia Based forum. I think more people with that tablet will see it there and hopefully respond with som help for you. Good luck!

rsalter1

Jan 4, 2012
Hi Julie. Problem usually is in the tablet's ability to actually see your WIFI router. Step 1 is pack up daughter and tablet for a trip to McDonalds (or somewhere else with free WIFI) and try connecting there to see if it will stay connected. If it will then you know tablet is ok. Now, there are a number of changes you can make in the controls to the router. SSID probably is set to hidden. Change that. Most of our elcheapo tablets lose the connection because of either the channel the WIFI is broadcasting on, or the security settings in the router. It's frustrating, but you'll just have to experiment 'til you find a combination that works. My router is an elderly Linksys, so I doubt my exact settings will help you, but let me know.