WMP Sync?

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
Good Morning,

Can the A500 sync music via Windows Media Player?
I was trying to sync music the old fashioned way (USB) since when I do it over wifi, it doesn't show the album art. The A500 shows up in WMP, but when I go to sync, it does nothing.
Is there a setting I missed or is it completely drag&drop?

Thanks.

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
So, it seems I can't directly sync the music to the external SD, even though it shows up as device. I can sync just fine to the internal memory.
That doesn't seem very effective, is that normal?

OK, still no album art. I know I have it and it should have come over, is there something I further need to do or do I need to find it, again?

Last edited:

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
OK, so what I found out was that I was running in debug mode, which if I understood, means not MTP.
Since I wasn't running in MTP, it didn't really sync my music via Windows Media Player which is why I have no album art. It seems that WMP hides these files and keeps them that way (I set Windows to view hidden files, but these still do not come up in a search or Explorer.) I downloaded Free Commander and I can see the album art .jpgs, but cannot change their properties. I copied, cut, changed the name, and even edited them slightly.
I'd like to be able to just copy&paste the files into the proper folders on my A500.
Does anyone know how to get Windows to give up the goods? Or a 3rd party program that will find the album art for me and save it in a manner that I can manipulate?
TIA