Wmv. Files do not play in video player

vminea

Dec 27, 2011
Hello,

Need ssome help with he playing of wmv. files.
Most of the ones that I get as attachments can play just the sound and the screen turns black (full screen - cause all buttons dissapear too). Is it just me or here is trick somewhere.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Tablet Forum

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Hi. Has your tablet ever played wmv files?
Some devices do not support everything right out the gate even though they are supposed to.
Try downloading Mono Player from the market. It played just about everything.

Would love to find a VLC player for Android because it rocks on linux. But I can't find the VLC video player, so in its absence I use Mobo and it works very well.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

vminea

Dec 27, 2011
Thank you very much, will try.

tharvey2161

Feb 17, 2012
My Transformer prime 201 did same thing, even with Moboplayer, to correct this in Moboplayer start Mobo normally, in the directory view find the settings panel on the right side of table screen by hitting menu button, then select the 3 dots, then select the wrench and set it for soft-decoding this will allow Moboplayer to play wmv files.
Any other type of video player that u can disable hard-decoding will work also. (Mx Video Player)

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Thanks for the additional information.
Steps I didn't need to take on my Vtab 1008, but the member is using a Asus.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

vminea

Dec 27, 2011
Thanks, good to know.

PavtubeVideo

Aug 18, 2011
many android devices can't play .wmv files well, you may think about converting wmv to h.264 mp4, this format is compatible well with transformer prime

vminea

Dec 27, 2011
I am using now MX VIDEO PLAYER free app. Does not play all the files directly out of an email, but if you save the file and than run it works.