WonderMedia 8650 and Wifi

Discussion in 'WonderMedia WM8650 Tablets' started by jumpjack, Sep 21, 2011.

1. jumpjack

jumpjack Member

I am not able to connect to any wifi network. I see dozens of hotspots, but I can't connect to anyone; I can see if they're open orencrypted, and with advanced configurator I can even see the active channel, the frequency... but I can't connect!I tried at least 5 different firmwares with no luck.I heard about some changes to perform to a .DAT file in etc/wireless, but it's not clear at all WHICH changes to do!Any help?

2. mr.brokentouchscreen

mr.brokentouchscreen Member

Tablet / Device:
    WonderMedia wm8650
    Dont worry the wifi is **** on this thing.

3. jumpjack

jumpjack Member

So I should give up?!?
    no solutoins?
    external dongles?
    additoinal antennas?
    fixed firmwares?
    fixing apps?
    nothing??? :confused:

4. cal67

cal67 Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Lenovo A1/ Lenovo A2107A-F/Lenovo A1000/ Kobo Arc 7 64GB./Dell Venue 7/Acer Iconia B1
    Unfortunately I don't know how to fix your problem, but I can tell you that the wireless on mine does work. I can get it in every room of my house. I don't know which ROM you are using. Here are some suggestions found in the Uberoid forums for this issue: (Note that if you are not using Uberoid, I don't know if this will cause more problems, this is presented as something to help you search for solutions. I would search the net using your ROM and "wireless" as keywords.)

1.* Remove the "Wireless" folder from "FirmwareInstall\packages\fs_patch\root_patch\system\etc\" and reboot.

2. A member reported that when the tablet booted up, he denied access to the Wifi PowerTx app, and then he deleted the app and said his wifi worked great.