wondermedia 8650 - no gps?

kinnonk

Sep 25, 2011
HiI have bought a Wondermedia based tablet (WM8650), which is supposed to have gps, however i cannot find any gps settings anywhere and have tried eclipsim gps status app which doesnt ever get a gps fix.I downloaded the system information app from the forum and the detail does not show any deail re gps.Do i have to do anything to enable gps, and is there any way to determine if gps chipset exists and test it?If i cant get it to work I'll have to send back to ebay!Thax in advance for help

premutos

Sep 14, 2011
Not all wm8650 have GPS you must have a menu point to activate the GPS ist there no point in your menu you have no GPS.

mb7ush

Sep 26, 2011
Rember if in uk and it is a uk seller you are entitled to a full refund and the return postage refunded as well as item was not as described.

Do not be put off by "re-stocking fees" etc it is your consumer rights as the item was not as described, any grief quote didtance selling regulation and advise them to talk to trading standards whio will confirm your rights.

this is only true if both buyer and seller are based in the UK

jumpjack

Sep 21, 2011
can an external bluetooth gps be used? My tablet has an USB host working fine both with USB drives and mouse, but upon connecting a SITECOM bluetooth adapter, nothing (apparently) happens.

EmperorNemisis

Sep 6, 2011
External USB gps dongles can be used with Google maps installed. At the heart of the Android kernel is support for gps, whether by usb or by ttl232 or rs232. Head on over to dealextreme, search for usb gps devices and get yourself one, I've tested a few and they all work. You'll also be able to use other gps software such as nDrive or iGo or Sygic, whatever your flvour. I'd also recomend that you get the smaller tablet usb adaptor from deal extreme, they go for less than $5 and have a much lower profile with usb ports on both sides of the dongle.

holleke

Jan 31, 2012
Hi, EmerorNemisis

I don't find right away the cable adaptor for WM8650 you are speaking about. Can't you post the URL please, would help me !
And which GPS dongle would work best with that cable, connected to WM8650 ?

Thank you !

holleke

Jan 31, 2012
Thanks a lot ! That's exactly what I was looking for !
Yes, to connect to the PC I also use an iPod-connector and it works perfect.
Holleke

holleke

Jan 31, 2012
By the way,

do you know if ClockworkMod Recovery (ROM Manager) should work on Uberoid WM8650 ?
I can't get it work .... which "model" to choose for instance ?

What other possibility is there to backup my whole system, to make my own ROM with all my settings and applications, etc. ?
Thank for help!

holleke

Jan 31, 2012
Hi cal 67, EmperorNemisis of other member....

Can someone give me the url of a GPS-dongle (or Bluetooth-GPS device) than really works with the android-tablet WM8650 ? Would be of great help for me.
I now bought the ND-100S dongle. But it doesn't work at all under Android...

Thank you !

holleke

holleke

Jan 31, 2012
Hi, call67 or other member....

could someone help me with finding a GPS-device that works with the WM8650 (Uberoid_v6 Final ROM) ? If possible, a USB-dongle. Otherwise some Bluetooth-GPS ? Please, give me straight away the URL of that device, would really help me.
I bought now a ND-100S (http://www.dealextreme.com/p/nd-100s...et-trips-37137), but it doesn't work under Android.
Thank you for your help !

Holleke