Wondermedia 8650 - not starting

extin2011

Aug 9, 2011
Hi,

I wonder if any one can help me. I have updated the sofware on my tablet to Uberoid and it was working fine. However it has suddenly stopped starting - stuck on the little android right at the start and not doing anything. This happened with the old software and lead me to update it to Uberoid. Is there a problem with the tablet? Is there something that I can do to reset the system without having to relaod Uberoid and wiping the memory?

Please can any one help?

Thanks

Extin2011

generic3

Mar 25, 2011
Hi,

I wonder if any one can help me. I have updated the sofware on my tablet to Uberoid and it was working fine. However it has suddenly stopped starting - stuck on the little android right at the start and not doing anything. This happened with the old software and lead me to update it to Uberoid. Is there a problem with the tablet? Is there something that I can do to reset the system without having to relaod Uberoid and wiping the memory?

Please can any one help?

Thanks

Extin2011

Hello I hope that somebody helps you; I have a MID WM 850 I purchased in March of this year; and it just recently did the same thing to me. I turned it on and while it was starting up I plugged the AC cord in and it froze up and is stuck on the little android screen and won't completely start up...I've tried leaving it charged and un-charged while running and tried holding down the power button for 6 secs and 8 secs and when I hold it for 10 secs it just shuts back off. I've also tried pushing the reset button while it's off and on. No Avail...can someone please help?? I have some other questions like about blue tooth and some other issues; but if I can't get it starting up; that won't matter. Thank you all....

extin2011

Aug 9, 2011
Hi,

I have probably made it worse! I have updated it with Universal_Uberoid_WM8650_v10.1.7 but cannot connect to wifi. I tried to return to the HYBRiD_WM8650_UBEROID_1.3.0_v5.7 which worked fine with no connection problems until it froze at the android and would not boot up but it had the same problem.

It keeps saying either unable to scan for networks or when it does find the network it just disconnects. My tablet details are
7" blue LED Black earphone -
vibrate - no
Android version 2.2
Kernel 2.6.32
Build number v1.5.5.

It says that the router is remembered, secured with WPA/WPA 2 PSK. Then it changes to say Disabled, secured with WPA/WPA 2 PSK

I have tried using the RT3070 option but that does not work. If someone knows the solution please let me know and if possible explian to me how to fix the problem in simple terms.

In fact my new android phone has started to do the same thing!

Thanks

cal67

Aug 4, 2011
Have you tried another wireless network? (public one at library, McDonald's, etc.) Does it do the same thing there? If you search the Uberoid site for "wireless problem", there is a posting with some fix suggestions. Have you tried those?

generic3

Mar 25, 2011
Hello cal67; is there anything that you might be able to tell me to do or direct me to another location where I can get some assistance? My MID WM8650 is locked up or bricked; and I actually did nothing to it...Help please :(

cal67

Aug 4, 2011
@generic3, when you say locked, are you getting any lights at all (charger led, power led, etc.)? If not, are you sure your charger was charging and you don't have a dead battery? (I ask because I had this happen due to a broken power jack on the tablet). If you are getting something, describe how far it gets and any symptoms - it may help someone to diagnose.

extin2011

Aug 9, 2011
Have you tried another wireless network? (public one at library, McDonald's, etc.) Does it do the same thing there? If you search the Uberoid site for "wireless problem", there is a posting with some fix suggestions. Have you tried those?

I have tried the tablet at a friend's house. It took two attampts but the tablet connected to his wifi and stayed connected for 5 hours with no problem.

I have begun to wonder if it is my router.

generic3

Mar 25, 2011
Cal; I do receive the power light to be green or red and it does act like it's charging; it just won't start up all of the way. Can anyboy help me??

genesis2012

May 1, 2012
Hey all, i bought a tablet, an eken wm 8650 from eurodualsim and i tried to update it from android 2.2 to a 2.3 of course with no success cuz i'm not a pro.
And reading and searching these days on the internet i came upon this uberoid stuff, with all my google search i came with no clue about what this uberoid means and if it's better to install it or not. As i read in these posts no one it's satisfied with it. So my Q are, what is uberoid, why it's better than 2.2 and why everyone want's it? :confused: Takk

Last edited by a moderator:

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
extin2011 said:
I have tried the tablet at a friend's house. It took two attampts but the tablet connected to his wifi and stayed connected for 5 hours with no problem.

I have begun to wonder if it is my router.

Hi, I had a similar problem. I did two things, one you might have tried. Before entering changer.bat on pc I typed rt3070 ( this you may have tried)
I also changed settings on my router from b/g/n to b/g only. My signal strength was never great but I kept connection permanetly as I used my Tablets in my bedroom and was only 4/5m away from them router. If I moved around them house, them signal would sometimes stay, sometimes drop.
There's another thing you can try using rooted explorer. It involves changing a line of data on your Tablets I can't remember exaxt details but I got info from a post about poor wifi on wondetmedia based pages back in november last year. Maybe you can find them post.
Hope this helps.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
genesis2012 said:
Hey all, i bought a tablet, an eken wm 8650 from eurodualsim and i tried to update it from android 2.2 to a 2.3 of course with no success cuz i'm not a pro.
And reading and searching these days on the internet i came upon this uberoid stuff, with all my google search i came with no clue about what this uberoid means and if it's better to install it or not. As i read in these posts no one it's satisfied with it. So my Q are, what is uberoid, why it's better than 2.2 and why everyone want's it? :confused: Takk

Uberoid is good & worth doing, it can be trick but nearly all I have spoken to have found major improvement. I myself used v10.1 and withjout it my Tablets would've been next to useless. It improved wifi. Speed apps market availibilty etc etc. I suggest you read more about it, find your exact device model no ( if possible-many tabs sold are copies) them have a go. It is definitely better than crappy stock rom. If you need more help send me a personal message & I'll do my best.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

LisaCole1992

May 4, 2012
Ok folks, can we get back on subject? Has anyone found a fix to the tablet being bricked? I'm pretty pissed about mine not working!