wondermedia wm8650 factory reset problem

Leopard74

May 23, 2011
Hi, I received my wondermedia wm8650 today. it was working fine but i was not able to video chat applications in market. there was lots of Chinese applications there. Already installed Skype was only for txt chat, it was not calling or video calling. So i decided to factory reset after reading the manual. it clearly mentioned that it will not delete factory installed applications.
After resetting i found there is no application left except wifi settings, market, email, settings on main screen and few basic on all applications screen. even there is no internet explorer icon.
Should i return this unit or reinstall firmware? and from where i can get the same firmware?
It has BLUE led and Red charging led. Black headphone jack.
Model wondermedia wm8650
Android 2.2
Kernel 2.6.32.9
Build: generic-eng 2.2 Froyo Ver1.3.0-20110418.042309

Please help me.

Dajo

Apr 20, 2011
Hi, I received my wondermedia wm8650 today. it was working fine but i was not able to video chat applications in market. there was lots of Chinese applications there. Already installed Skype was only for txt chat, it was not calling or video calling. So i decided to factory reset after reading the manual. it clearly mentioned that it will not delete factory installed applications.
After resetting i found there is no application left except wifi settings, market, email, settings on main screen and few basic on all applications screen. even there is no internet explorer icon.
Should i return this unit or reinstall firmware? and from where i can get the same firmware?
It has BLUE led and Red charging led. Black headphone jack.
Model wondermedia wm8650
Android 2.2
Kernel 2.6.32.9
Build: generic-eng 2.2 Froyo Ver1.3.0-20110418.042309

Please help me.

Just go over here HcH'z TechKnow [www.HcH.net.tc] - View forum - WM8650 1.3.0 HYBRiD HoneyCombMOD (regist need), install V4 and you will have a better tablet, with many apps, oficial market, better battery, snsitive etc.

Give a try

Leopard74

May 23, 2011
Just go over here HcH'z TechKnow [www.HcH.net.tc] - View forum - WM8650 1.3.0 HYBRiD HoneyCombMOD (regist need), install V4 and you will have a better tablet, with many apps, oficial market, better battery, snsitive etc.

Give a try

Thanks dear, i tried HYBRiD_WM8650_UBEROID_1.3.0_v4 but it stuck on uberoid while loading. Now i am downloading V5. will tell u after trying. meanwhile i found M731-1.2.3 on that site. I tried that and it worked too, but with same Chinese apps and unofficial android market. So i decided to try more ROMs,

Dajo

Apr 20, 2011
Yes install v5, don't forget o run changer.bat before flash, choose a number for your tablet

Jun 30, 2011
I have had the same issues as you and visited www.hch.net.tc. Where / how can i down load V5??? It sounds as though it will fix all of my problems, but how do I get it??
Thanks dear, i tried HYBRiD_WM8650_UBEROID_1.3.0_v4 but it stuck on uberoid while loading. Now i am downloading V5. will tell u after trying. meanwhile i found M731-1.2.3 on that site. I tried that and it worked too, but with same Chinese apps and unofficial android market. So i decided to try more ROMs,

Feb 12, 2012
Hey all,
I recently bought this tablet, a friend of mine found this site with a ROM Universal Hybrid honeycomb or something, and I have been having. A lot of trouble with this thing, I choose almost every available option and none of them work properly, like option 8 has no touchscreen, etc.. I have been told to try option 7; I just hopee this doesnt brick it. Anyway if option 7 doesnt work will someone tell me how to factory reset back to generic factory firmware?
Any help is much appreciated

The specs are:
Wm8650
Version 2.2 android
Kernel:2.63.2
V
Build was 1.5.5, now 1.3.0
Green led

Last edited:

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Keep trying different bat numbers it will work, the main prob is so many different model numbers, many are modded older versions so it could be any. If you have green led,try them all etc. I did mine on no8 and a friends identical looking took metono 26!! But it will work better in the end. Ivejust upgraded to v10 there's a lot of better apps on there

wm8650 on a wing & a prayer :-0

Feb 12, 2012
Keep trying different bat numbers it will work, the main prob is so many different model numbers, many are modded older versions so it could be any. If you have green led,try them all etc. I did mine on no8 and a friends identical looking took metono 26!! But it will work better in the end. Ivejust upgraded to v10 there's a lot of better apps on there

What do you mean by. Metono 26? Is it an option or??
And i have gotten stuck at the uberoid loading screen every singlee time. And no one has replied to my factory reset question.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Sorry my keyboard is temperamental it should mean i tried all up to number 26 changer ( me to no26)

paskuniag

May 14, 2011
Use the new Uberoid V11 download, and try option 30. It sounds like you have the M009s WM pad. Good luck.

championc

Feb 18, 2012
Can someone please tell me how to do a factory reset ? For some reason, there is an icon in the top left corner which confirms that the touchscreen is disabled and I have no idea as to how to re-enable it. The icon / picture is of a hand with a red line through it. I can only assume that a factory reset will resolve unless someone has another idea please.

C

J

jimbo7630

What do you mean by. Metono 26? Is it an option or??
And i have gotten stuck at the uberoid loading screen every singlee time. And no one has replied to my factory reset question.

It a typo! he meant it "took me to No.26" (try)

elbobinon

May 17, 2012
Hi... I tried to reset my tablet WM8650 but the tablet just says "Factory data restoring, please wait...".
That was happened about a month ago and still nothing.
Somebody could help me please. What's wrong?
Thanks.

Last edited: