WooHoo! 4.1.2

Paperless

Dec 20, 2012
Just tried again this morning to see if my GT-N8013 Note would update and it did! I'm starting to explore the subtle changes in this version.

Arthereq

Jan 8, 2013
Same for me - got the update this morning!! Been exploring all the new features off and on all day. Loving all the features...

So lets get some feedback from others as to what their favorite features are with this change?? I personaly LOVE the Air View feature (can hover the S-Pen over emails, pictures albums, video albums) and get a mini pop-up!

What are other features that everyone loves????

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
There are a lot of changes and added functionality. The hover function was always cool in the browser, I use Opera Mobile but it functions the same as the native browser, but this is a huge time saver. Interestingly if you hover near either edge it cycles through the home screens, no touch or swipe required.
I also love the ability to grab any part of any screen simply by holding the button and circling the area you want captured. It gives you an option of immediately importing it to a number of apps or simply allow it to default to the clipboard.
Resizing the windows in Dual View mode is a huge improvement to the multitasking, and the cascading windows is just too cool. So much to explore, and although I've had it for a while Paper Artist is a cool tool as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

Arthereq

Jan 8, 2013
Anyone have a good recommendation for a screen protector? I have one I bought from Amazon, but don't really care for the feel of it with the styles or even finger.

Are there any quality stylist out there I can buy that fit & work perfectly withe the note? Glanced at amazon but didn't see any worth buying or trusting... Lol

Thanks.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 using Taptalk HD

connexus

Jan 16, 2013
Best screen protector I have found is by clearprotector.com. Use "iwantultra" as a coupon code to get 50% off the listed price. I have used their screen protectors on phones for the last 4 years. Never had one scratch, rip, or fail. I buy them for my kids' phones too and they have never had a problem either. Buy it once & use it until you get your next phone. Lifetime warranty too.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
With Gorilla glass you really don't need a screen protector, I'm not overly cautious and I have yet to scratch one of my devices with Gorilla Glass and that includes my iPod Touch which has been exposed to fairly rough handling.
As far as a stylus goes, Wacom just introduced the Bamboo Stylus Feel specifically for devices using the S Pen. Of course nothing but the original Stylus will fit in the slot but these are nice capped pens, one of which has a carbon fiber body but is a bit expensive at $79. The other model, in either black or white, is $39.

Arthereq

Jan 8, 2013
Cool thanks for the information on the stylest I will check them out (is it possible to get a replacement one for the note as a back up)?

My Gs3 is the 1st smart phone I've owned that I didn't bother with a screen protector just figured it might not be a bad idea for the tablet, but maybe I don't really need one.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I see the original stylus on Amazon for $25 to $30, so a replacement is no problem, just be careful to buy the one for the Note 10.1 and not the Note as they are different.

Arthereq

Jan 8, 2013
Is there any app like app2sd pro that will work with this tablet? It doesn't work with this tablet or my galaxy S3...?

Thanks!