Woot Tablet is Gingerbread!

Kemper

Mar 15, 2012
That's what I suspected too. I think I will selectively remove stuff from the HC tablet and use the gingerbread tablet more. By the way, the JK case is much nicer than the Vizio case and the same price. It is thicker, but it's leather and it has a elastic band to keep the case closed. The Vizio case is plastic with no way to keep the case closed. It is thinner, that about all good that is good about it.

Kemper

Mar 15, 2012
One more question, would you put the SD card from the HC in the gingerbread tablet to try and copy stuff to it? I am thinking not. I have backed up the card, but I fear nothing good could come of it.

Roger2008

Apr 4, 2012
The tablet I bought from Woot came with Gingerbread. I did not do the update to HC.

How would you like to trade the Woot GB tablet for another one with Honeycomb on it?

I've looked at a few of the other post here and now I see now what I should have done to shut off those nagging messages about Honeycomb before I finally gave into them.

The fact is, I would have returned my VTAB1008 when I could have if the useable screen space was less than the iPad as it is now.

Last edited:

Kemper

Mar 15, 2012
Go to woot, they may still sell you one. Also, looks like all the refrubed units are GB. After finding go launcher xp, I am a happy camper. Going to convert GB to HC to get the SD usage. You are forgetting that in GB we had the line at the bottom with the saved wigets or whatever. What we lost in space is nada.

Roger2008

Apr 4, 2012
Kemper said:
Go to woot, they may still sell you one. Also, looks like all the refrubed units are GB. After finding go launcher xp, I am a happy camper. Going to convert GB to HC to get the SD usage. You are forgetting that in GB we had the line at the bottom with the saved wigets or whatever. What we lost in space is nada.

I am not forgetting that I could use the entire screen in 4 of my applications and that now I lose over 9.5% of the screen in all 4 of those applications. See the bottom of this post for my proof.

I am not forgetting how easy it was to use the browser to watch, pause and restart youtube videos and now it is a pain because you have to find something else on the page besides the video to tap on to pause and restart youtube videos that are being played in the browser and not the youtube app.

I already know I do not want ICS on my phone unless if there is a way I can take it off but I didn't know Vizio would distribute HC with a Flash Player written for GB. Boy was that lame. And loading 11.1.111.6 of the flash player only helps Dolphin Browser HD and makes things worse in the Standard Android Browser.

Vizio knew that HC was going to have problems with their Adobe Flash Player yet they gave us HC as if we were too stupid to catch the problem and I am not the only one that caught the problem as proven by another thread on this site.

The SDcard worked for me before and I never had trouble with the bluetooth either so I don't see any advantage to HC.

I also found out that holding down the Home button on the home screen does not give you a task manager as some tablets do but a recent list and that is not what I want.

And if you are on the home screen the back key does nothing at all yet they still display it.

FYI I've got one other place to check before I cry "woot."

As for you. Vizio needs an update for their HC update and I was told they would have one out in a week. I realize now that they told me that on April 1st so it was really just an April Fools day joke.

EDIT: The following screen shot is what proves that I lost an area of the screen 73 pixels high.

$shot_000009.png

If you tap or click on the photo above you should see that the screen resolution I am left with is 1024x695 instead of 1024x768 and for one of the programs I run I need all 1024x768 that my VTAB1008 used to give me.

Last edited: