Word Processor for the 970?

KnottyPanda

Feb 4, 2012
I just ordered this tablet and was wondering if there was any type of word processor on it or some way to put one on it?

This is my first tablet and as I read the forum, watch videos, and read about this product, I seem to be getting somewhat confused as to what I can and can't do with it. I don't have it in hand and haven't been able to get a feel for it, so I am a bit intimidated currently as I am not as tech savvy as I once was (living the 1950s lifestyle with just the basic computer added essentially). I don't know what rooting means, I've never used blue tooth, and am confused that there are apps to use as I thought those only went with cell phones.

Hopefully this will be easier than I'm expecting it to be because I feel like I'm in over my head right now. I appologize in advance for any really stupid questions I may ask!
Thanks!
Panda

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
never fear Panda. you will love your Le Pan. The tablet runs on an android operating system so you can add features and capabilities by downloading apps from the android market. exactly like you would do ith an android phone. there are many apps that can do word processing and sync with microsoft word, excel etc.. the best prt is most apps are free.
bluetooth will be a handy feature for you as you will be able connect wirelessly to an external keyboard. if your doing a lot of writing it is hard to get up to speed with the touch screen keyboard. you should also upgrade the on screen keyboard with go keyboard. a much nicer layout than the included android keyboard on the tc970. take your time and read these forums and you will be the neighborhood expert on tablets bfore you know it.

AndroidFanNM

Jan 24, 2012
My sons will be using this tablet for some of their schoolwork. Because it is an Android operating system, you cannot 'install' programs onto it like you would on your PC, but there are many android apps that substitute for PC programs. All you have to do is go to the Android Market (a green shopping bag app already on your tablet), and the sky's the limit. I replaced the stock (included) keyboard with Super Keyboard Free because it has a nice speech-to-text feature, and it's a free app. For wordprocessing, if you want to do any editing of Word or Powerpoint documents, you will have to spend some money on the app. I am very happy with MobiSystems OfficeSuite5 Pro. Works great for creating, viewing, editing, saving & sending Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Excel. Cost me $9.99, although I think it might have gone back up to $14.99.

Good luck with your new tablet. This forum is a great place to ask questions and find answers about your tablet!

KnottyPanda

Feb 4, 2012
Thank you for your quick answers, which are making me feel better and better about my choice!
So glad I found this forum and I can't wait to get my Le Pan now!