Word Wrap in browser

bzmirich

Aug 6, 2011
One of the best features of my Samsung Galaxy phone is the word wrap feature while zooming on almost all web sites and apps (Froyo).

I've tried several Honeycomb tablets and none seem to have this feature so it seems that Honeyconb itself does not support the word wrap. My vision isn't great and I need to zoom in several levels to read most web pages. Not having the word wrap means alot of left/right panning and basically makes Honeycomb a no go for me (Ipad also does not have this feature).

Does anyone know if there is an "app' to make this feature available or if it's on the wish list for Honeycomb upgrades. I can find no mention of it anywhere.

mktg

Sep 7, 2011
Only yesterday did I confirm this ridiculous situation by going to Best Buy and seeing for myself what I had imagined to be the case. So today I Googled "Android tablet word wrap" and easily found this post.

I'm registering just to second it and hope that others will see it.

Unfortunately there is another fatal flaw with Android that affects both phones and tablets and that is the lack of any native accessibility. With Android you cannot change the size of fonts and this is an insult to older users with vision problems or indeed any visually-impaired person.

With an iPhone you can do this. I'm sorry to say that with Android you cannot.

Even the best informed, say at xda developers, strongly complain about this lack of accessibility.

Do we have to wait for Larry Page to turn 40 (coming up soon) and get his reading glasses?

It's time for Google to meet their social responsibility to all users.

Android's tablet OS should have word wrap (also called text flow) and at least vision accessibility.

If Google is consolidating their OS for phones and tablets let us hope that the next phone OS does not take a step backwards by removing word wrap from phones!

One of the best features of my Samsung Galaxy phone is the word wrap feature while zooming on almost all web sites and apps (Froyo).

I've tried several Honeycomb tablets and none seem to have this feature so it seems that Honeyconb itself does not support the word wrap. My vision isn't great and I need to zoom in several levels to read most web pages. Not having the word wrap means alot of left/right panning and basically makes Honeycomb a no go for me (Ipad also does not have this feature).

Does anyone know if there is an "app' to make this feature available or if it's on the wish list for Honeycomb upgrades. I can find no mention of it anywhere.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
So I am looking at the Stock Browser on my Motorola Xoom, and in Settings->Advanced->Page content settings I see places to change the Text Size and the Default Zoom, both built in to the browser. That is on Android 3.2.

On my phone, which is running Android 2.3.4, I can open a browser and go to Settings->Set Text Size and Settings->Default zoom as well.

Both devices also reformat the page so that the HTML wraps properly based on the screen and app settings.

Please recheck your devices.