Words With Friends on Coby Kyros 7015?

iiDUR

Apr 26, 2011
Has anyone with a Coby kyros 7015a gotten Words With Friends to work? I've been trying to create an account for over a week. It just keeps asking me to choose a new username, and i know they're not taken because I've tried EVERYTHING. Reinstalled several times, and nothing.

Also contacted Zynga but they offered no solution.

iiDUR

Apr 26, 2011
Rooted and with Tipstir's custom ROM. But I can't assume that's the problem unless I know someone with stock ROM runs it without issues.

Apr 28, 2011
Well, i would think if it wasnt rooted that it would conflict with superuser access, or needed the real AM for some reason. But since that isnt the case, I would find an app very similar to it and download it. It may be something with the version or compatibility with the Kyros. If so, just wait for the next version to come out, download it, and keep trying. Or another option is to make an account online (if that is a possibility... i wouldnt kno since i dont use it) and then try to log in thru the device. If any of those dont work, then sory dude but ur outta luck. :(
Hopefully things work out for u.

iiDUR

Apr 26, 2011
Thanks. And no, they don't offer any way to create an account outside of the game itself. Hopefully the Zynga rep contacts me again. I want to know what all the hype for this game is all about. :)

iiDUR

Apr 26, 2011
UPDATE: I installed Words With Friends on my sister's phone and created an account with no problem, but still can't log in on the Kyros. It repeatedly prompts me for a new screen name after entering my email, just like before. I opened a link to the help page which verified I have a valid account with that email address, even though the app doesn't recognize it. Looks like I'll have to wait for an update to fix the problem, smh.

downwithin

Apr 14, 2011
its the app,do you have it installed on two devices?For some reason it acts up on the second device.I belive you have to set a new password on original device and the second one should work with new password.i ended up unistalling it and installing word feud.same type of game less bugs.

Apr 28, 2011
If that doesnt work, then it will be a compatibility issue. That means that the app wont work on the Kyros. Just like the netflix app, unless u have gingerbread 2.3.